Poll: When MegaMod gets updated, how would you prefer the toolbar layout to be? Grouped by mod, or grouped by function?
Each mod in it\'s own subtoolbar group (CC in its own toolbar, NMT in its own toolbar, DSSV in its own toolbar, etc)
All similar types of buildings together, regardless of originating mods (all housing together, all markets together, etc)
Some other idea (Please explain in comments)
[Show Results]

Future MegaMod Toolbar

With the new modular toolbar system making the rounds in the newly updated mods, it begs the question of which way the user may want the toolbar to be in the future.

Is it possible to have (in the new toolbar):  roads / services / housing etc like the current, with sub-folders for the modders?

--  new toolbar layout but level 1:  function (roads, services etc); level 2 sub-folder: modder

Is it possible to have the roads & bridges in their own folders?  My roads folder is getting much, much bigger [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

--  like in the current storage bar where storage is level 1, then markets are in level 2

I do really like the new toolbar with each modders own set & their own customisation, some are by 'theme' and others by 'function', in the end I just move through each one until I find what I need and after a time muscle memory kicks in and I know where what is.

In the end I will go with the majority, but I am certainly liking the new toolbar options, and where we can go from there.

I don't know what mods come from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, I just load them and find buildings to my needs, I often use buildings by theme, but there are somedays where I really (really) like that you have the function toolbar, and I use that nearly every map, lumber & wood production; clothing production; luxuries etc...  

I'm a mix and by extension, wholly unable to help you. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  (I'm making up for not having the net again for 4 days after tonight, haha)

This is coming from someone who hasn't actually been playing the game a great deal lately,

but I like the idea of the Mega Mod toolbar having "All similar types of buildings together, regardless of originating mods (all housing together, all markets together, etc)" .

personally , i would love to see the vanilla toolbar totally free , untouched. and have everything inside <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> icon.

inside the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> icon we can maybe have icons for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,Red,Kid,DS,NC,TS,.....

not classed by mod but by moddler.

Quote:
2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

icons for <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,Red,Kid,DS,NC,TS,.....

not classed by mod but by moddler.

After playing with this system (introduced at WoB) for a while now, I got to say it agrees with me very much... personally I find it easier to look for this house or that barn when the toolbar is sorted according to the modders, as RedK suggests.

* Just my thoughts, even if I'm "out-of-competition" (no vote) for <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>...  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Quote:
2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

personally , i would love to see the vanilla toolbar totally free , untouched. and have everything inside <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> icon.

I second this and I would like to see the same applied to <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> too.

I can understand why a modder would like all of their mods kept together. However, for those of us who aren't familiar with many of the 100+ mods included in MegaMod, keeping them separate would make it harder to find what I'm looking for. When I want to build a school, bakery, blacksmith, etc., I want to see all of those types of buildings in one group. I don't want to have to scan through multiple mods to find the different options. That's one of the major advantages to using MegaMod.  (I don't want to go back to using the vanilla toolbar either; for me, who hasn't played vanilla Banished in an awfully long time, the Colonial Charter toolbar is the default toolbar.)

Must it be either-or?  Is there a reason that both can't be done?  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" />   Personally, I prefer to find things via function; I cannot ever remember who modded what.    However, I can understand the need for accessing buildings, etc. via modder/collection when one wants consistency in style or has a themed town.   I wouldn't be mad if, say, the same bakery could be found by clicking its creator's icon in the toolbar and also via the generic "processed" food category.   I'm not a modder, so I don't even know if accommodating both ways is even practical, much less possible in this game.  

Quote:
2 hours ago, Paniscus said:

Is there a reason that both can't be done? 

That's funny, I was just thinking the same thing. I'm not sure how the game will register a doubly linked toolbar, if it will understand or if will somehow double the building, and double the filesize. But it's an option worth exploring.

Personally, I prefer a subdivision in this way:

- first level with the selection of the mod: Vanilla, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr>, etc

- second level with the subdivision by function: housing, roads, storage, town services, etc

In this way we would have a series of toolbars easily navigable, because constructed with the same structure, and sorted by the style of the modder.

Essentially it's the first option in this poll, but instead of using the original subtoolbars of the mods, recreating all subtoolbars with the same functional structure.

I don't know if it's possible, but it's how I'd like it to be [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />