"Trade Slip 100"

What is "Trade Slip 100" that shows up on the trader's boats?  I've searched the site and Google and can't find mention of it.

I wonder too... first time I saw it was in the North I think, but I'm not really sure... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

It looks like it's from Discrepancy's Styth Tower mod.

The tower will create a random assortment of items, including a Trade Slip 100.  Its just an item that is worth 100. It doesn't (presently) have any function besides trade.  It's kind of 'money-ish'.

Cool! Thanks!

You sometimes find that traders have them to sell to you. They don't seem to have any real function however I believe that they have very little weight so you can have lots of them without losing a lot of storage capacity i.e. you have 100 units to trade with from one slip instead of needing 100 items to get the same value plus the fact that they are a slip of paper and not, say, a piece of timber which obviously weighs a lot more and sucks up much more storage capacity.

I haven't been able to test this because I've never collected emough of them!

That is correct. They weigh 1, flagged as textile. They are basically an IOU between the trader and yourself and a trader...

They can only be 'produced' at the 'New Styth Tower', the old tower will not generate them.

Quote:
19 hours ago, Discrepancy said:

That is correct. They weigh 1, flagged as textile. They are basically an IOU between the trader and yourself and a trader...

They can only be 'produced' at the 'New Styth Tower', the old tower will not generate them.

I has "assumed" that was their function but I was never really sure because I could never collect enough of them to check! I typically built the new tower only when I had large towns (so obviously this would be much later in the game). I like the idea exactly because it does save storage space.