Crash on Townhall or Trader Depot

Hi 

I've been playing Banished with your mod for a good couple of hours, and when I finally got to a point where I could add the Town Hall or Trader Depot, the game will crash everytime I click on either the Town Hall, or the Trader Depot. Everything else works perfectly.

Please assist if possible. I have gone through all the processes of uninstalling etc. I only have your Colonial Mod enabled.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1523">crash.dmp</a>

Unfortunately, we cannot read your crash.dmp file, so it doesn't help us determine what's going on.  Which versions of Banished and Colonial Charter are you using?

Same problem here particularly with the Village Town Hall Medieval Town Hall in fact all of them except Meeting House. As soon as I click on them either whilst building or when built game crashes. Gone back to basics, added Journey all good then megamod and it did it again. There's something in the mod somewhere but I'm not clever enough to know what it is

I decided to completely re-install my PC etc. (as it was long overdue anyway) and since the fresh install everything is working as intended.

No more crashes on Town Hall or Trade Posts or anything else.  Happy.

Quote:
On 13/03/2017 at 9:41 PM, Artryder said:

I decided to completely re-install my PC etc. (as it was long overdue anyway) and since the fresh install everything is working as intended.

No more crashes on Town Hall or Trade Posts or anything else.  Happy.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled (which was ridiculously complicated!) and just loaded megamod and megamod deco pack and STILL town halls are crashing......noticed that the autosave stops working and once that happens civic buildings will crash the game when being built and clocked on. No clue...spoiling my game a bit

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/13656-portiadavenport/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="13656" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/13656-portiadavenport/">@portiadavenport</a> in those sort of incidents I always delete my autosave file and let the game create a new one.

I follow standard process of:

Load the game fresh

Enable the mods that I need or are new

EXIT the game fully

navigate to the Docs/Banished folder and find the save

Delete the Autosave file

Load banished up

Load the map that you want to play on

SAVE the map here, make sure you don't overwrite the existing save - save as a new one

then keep playing

This will then create a new autosave when the game timer goes to save automatically

If the issue is still happening, even after all of this, then we need to look at things a little differently.

I would then do the above (again), but before saving the map, demolish the buildings causing the problem.

Put the game on Pause, mark to demolish the buildings that are having issue, then see what happens.

At the very worst - you will need to start a new map - but, if you love the map, all is not lost.

As soon as you load the map, pause it (when you would save it), go to the details (Map) option, screenshot the details, or write them down)

This way, if you unfortunately can't save, you can at least use the map details for a new one.

Now - 2 things:

1)  Did you start a new map when you updated a couple of the larger mods, some do say that new maps are required.

2)  Have you tried going back to early save versions before the town halls were built?

Happy bug hunting [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Thanks...I've gone now for upgrading to the beta version with compatability mod, and new Journey 1.74 and fingers crossed so far its all ok although Tiny predators new flora still isn't working [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

but least I can now play! yay!

brilliant [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  For some reason (i'm not sure why), those who have had problems with Tany's mod in <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, can still use it, but as a separate download.

Download it from World of Banished, enabled it ABOVE the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> & <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mods, restart the game, the mod should then work.

It may not work on a working map (I don't know if hers need to start at map spawn), but certainly the bees should work (I say should, not sure).

I always start a new map between large updates, so I can't tell you otherwise [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />  

yup it does work that way for some odd reason...I'm just a bit wary of too many mods atm lol....might give it another go once I'm sure my game is stable again after all the hassle this week just wanting to relax and while away some hours 

I am having the same issue: crash when click on vanilla townhall after built. Thanks for all the effort you guys put in!

Edit: I am on Steam version Banished 1.0.6 and thanks to your question, I just checked and saw that I am using Journey which is for V1.0.7. I am updating now. Thanks for your help!