Livestock options in 1.7

When you do an easy start, you get livestock. I don't seem to ever get anything but chickens. I have done over a dozen different seeds, and I get either white or brown chickens every time. Is that something <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> has done, or am I just really unlucky? (I am using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.73, Banished 1.0.7)

I just had a look, and if you choose the Appalachian or Bayou starts, then you'll always get white or brown chicken. If you pick the other starting conditions, then you can possibly get the other animals.

Those chickens are really good to have!  With the Chickens, you get feathers. If you build a Dock Reed Farm you can make Survival Coats at a Dock Workshop (can go on land if you prefer). At the Workshop, you can also switch to making Rough Tools.  Saves you from having to build a Tailor and Blacksmith right away.

Also, with Appalachian and Bayou Easy Starts you get Eggs and Rice as your starting foods. Be sure to build a Dock Rice Planter before your people eat up all the rice (costs 100 rice).  The Rice Planter produces rice all year long instead of one big harvest (over 1000 rice per year total!).

Thanks for the answers; I appreciate it!