Am confused on load order

So, I decided to take a jump into the "CCJourney" version, but I'm not sure if I'm doing this right..

I'm using Steam, I have the Beta 1.0.7

I moved all my old mods out of the windata folder and just downloaded the "ColonialCharterJ.pkm (ColonialCharterJ.1.73.rar) and both the MegaMod packs, ie: MegaMod.0.07.rar and MegaModDecoPack.0.07.rar

Obviously I unpacked the files and put the 3 pkm files in my windata folder.

I started a new game, went into mods and enabled all three with the ColonialCharter Journey mod on top. All 3 turned red. I then went back into the game and just got a black screen and had to turn off my computer as I couldn't get out of the game.

I think I'm doing something wrong, but not sure what. Could anyone please advise?

Thank you so much, I can't wait to play this!

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/files/file/167-107-compatibility-for-megamod-007/&do=embed"></iframe>

I think this is what you're looking for

If it's just a black screen and no error messages, it may not be the compatibility mod that is the answer.

The answer may be to wait it out. You're trying to play with basically the 3 biggest mods  (by filesize), so it may take a long time to load. Try sometime (when you're not in a hurry) to just let it sit at the black screen and see if anything ever happens. Some people take 10+ minutes to load everything.

Quote:
38 minutes ago, Kralyerg said:

If it's just a black screen and no error messages, it may not be the compatibility mod that is the answer.

The answer may be to wait it out. You're trying to play with basically the 3 biggest mods  (by filesize), so it may take a long time to load. Try sometime (when you're not in a hurry) to just let it sit at the black screen and see if anything ever happens. Some people take 10+ minutes to load everything.

I did load the game with just the ColonialCharterJ.pkm mod ticked and it took awhile for it to start, but it did. I started a small village, it ran fine. now I really want to try the mod packs, so I did download the "compatibility" mod that "Craftperson" above pointed me to. Don't think I will have time to play today, but will keep you posted...

one thing I didn't understand is why they all three turned red? I know sometimes that doesn't matter, but it seemed weird that these are the only new mods for the new "Journey" version and they all turned red together? is  that normal?

It takes my system around 8-10mins of black screen to load up too, I've normally time to make a cup of tea & wash up before the game loads lol

They turn red as they are all using the same resources

Turning red barely means anything.  It's extremely hard to find two mods that are so incompatible that it causes crashes, especially at startup.

It just means that there is at least one file in both mods that has the same name.

if these 3 mods dont turn red ? thats impossible lol so much things that are shared... maybe one file is bad ? did you tried to load all 3 one by one to make sure they all good ?

Well I loaded the compatibility mod and the other 3 and everything seems to be okay so far... thanks so much for your help!

In regards to the amount of time spent waiting for Banished to load, there is a little trick that can sometimes help to reduce the amount of time taken. If you use Alt + Tab to go to your desktop and then a little while later click on the game to allow it to go back to fullscreen, this can reduce the wait time quite significantly at times. The time taken to load can be reduced to a few minutes rather than five or ten minutes.

If you're using Windows OS then the Windows key on your keyboard can be used for the same affect.

Just to complete this - try if you can run DX11, if that works on your system then loadtimes are drastically reduced...