Autosave problem

I do apologise for troubling you good people yet again, but alas I now have a further problem in that my games keep crashing on autosave. Never had this problem before so no clue what the problem could be caused by. I've changed the autosave time from 5mins to 15mins and back again but still crashing, disabled autosave but that caused manual saves to crash. I can play for a few hours then it starts. I'm sure one of you clever people will know the solution so throwing it out there and fingers crossed [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

If you are using Windows 10, this could be caused because your Documents > Banished > Save file is Read Only; if so, you need to change it to Read/Write. 

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I'm using win7 and have checked and the save files are read/write. I keep deleting the autosave games from the folder but alas its still happening and the only thing I can find online is from 2yrs ago when the game first came out and doesn't seem to apply to my current issue. Everything was fine after I'd sorted out the reinstall issues, and now this. I just want to be able to play <sob> Using megamod, deco pack, compatability fix, Banished beta, I did download the lilac trees add on at the week-end so wondered if it was that. Deleted it and it hasn't made any difference. Will play fine for a few hours then autosave will stop working and then I know it will crash soon after.

Gonna have to roll everything back yet again at this rate which I just don't want to do 

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/13656-portiadavenport/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="13656" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/13656-portiadavenport/">@portiadavenport</a> just to try & troubleshoot [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

• What version of the game are you playing?  

• Do you have a standard Win7 installation, eg My Documents, My Programs etc are all where they are normally

• What other steps have you tried doing?

• What mods do you now have, if you can't be bothered typing them all, screenshots are ok [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />
I know it seems a lot to troubleshoot, but hopefully only a few mins here answering questions can get you playing faster [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

1. EXIT game entirely

2. Go to documents folder and delete your auto.sav file 

3. load banished

4. change the autosave feature to 5 (10 etc) mins

5. open the map you wish to use

6. save the map to a new spot (the black square)

7. run the game  OR as a safety:  EXIT the game again & load it back up

8. Play on

Have you done any, all of the above?  (most likely, but it's good to be certain).

Don't give up, don't roll back, it may be staring you in your face [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  

hi and good morning

Playing the beta version 1.0.7 (there was an update last night...thought this had solved the problem but nope) Win7 standard as normal

I have been deleting the autosave file constantly, makes no difference. Can play for around 2hrs or so then just freezes on autosave

Using megamod, megamod deco, ccjourney martimes pine set maritimes sherbrook and compatability mod

Tried deleting save files, changing autosave timer, removing mods and slowly reintroducing them. All the mods worked fine until the week-end. I changed nothing and then the autosave started freezing then the fatal error box. Also checked the file integrity in Steam and all was apparently good. There HAS to be something somewhere I just don't know where or why.

Oh I did try the new trees test mod for the colourful lilac trees etc...thought it may have been that so uninstalled it (not just disabled it) and tried again but no change still freezing. Reinstalled the tree mod and still doing it. 

I could cry [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> can't face going through the whole uninstalling process and getting it all working again took 3 days last time!

Thank you for your help just wish I'd never buggered about with it now

using all  these mods i hope you have a minimum of 8gb RAM and you have win7 64bits.

Quote:
2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

using all  these mods i hope you have a minimum of 8gb RAM and you have win7 64bits.

yup all fine on that front

did you checked your RAM lately with some mem test ? in case it is physical your problem ? (always good to check)

Hi again

No I haven't but......I've just played for 7hrs without a crash/freeze and all I did was change directx9 to 11 and for some reason it seems (so far) to have worked!!

Excellent work <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/13656-portiadavenport/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="13656" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/13656-portiadavenport/">@portiadavenport</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Please write back if it crashes again [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />