Inserting YouTube clip

A user question I cannot answer  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blush.png[/img]/emoticons/blush@2x.png 2x" title=":$" width="20" />

Can someone post a short hint how to embed a youtube video in a post? Thanks! 

I'm pretty sure you just copy the web address and paste into post, or drag the whole window into a post.

I  select the chain link in the toolbar at the top (it's to the left of the quote marks) of the post then paste the URL of the YouTube video in the box labeled "URL" and type whatever you want the text to read, such as "video here" in the 2nd box. Those words will be in blue in your post.

Quote:
18 hours ago, estherhb said:

I  select the chain link in the toolbar at the top (it's to the left of the quote marks) of the post then paste the URL of the YouTube video in the box labeled "URL" and type whatever you want the text to read, such as "video here" in the 2nd box. Those words will be in blue in your post.

I know how to do that , but that is just how to add yt video link to post. I wanted to add yt video in post something like this:

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_03/1.thumb.png.b7fe5b0c24edc1d69a4b2f82accbbe38.png[/img]

Hmm, like I told you - I have no experience with youtube... but I think to embed the player you need to have a thing called a "Channel" (on yt)... then you make your clip, upload it to your "channel" and then you can embed it in websites... Or so... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

gah, all attempts fail, just a min [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

<div>
<iframe allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0wT0Fw440Ec?feature=oembed" width="480"></iframe>

</div>

Ok, I didn't need the code, apparently it embedded itself!!

All I did was copy the link from YouTube then past normally and it worked.

Simply click on the "share" option of the video, copy the link it shows, then paste directly here.

I don't know why it's not working for you <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Well, it's not me who has the problem, I just passed on a user question... Maybe he already figured it out with the hints you all posted  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

it depends where you want you post it ...

here in this forum youtube video are automaticly embedded [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

elsewhere can be different