Dock Buildings seem to be really OP

Just curious it seems all the resource gathering on the doc buildings produces a lot more resources than normal buildings?

Is this by design for water worlds? Just curious it really makes building the traditional counterparts seem silly after noticing how 1 worker on a dock can output 3 or 4 from a normal building.

Yes, I have also noticed that especially with the water scavenger.

The dock set's rice paddy is grossly overproductive as well. 1000 food for one person is too much.

If you play on maps with lots of water or marsh maps, you need that overproduction to make up for how little area there is for crops.  Just don't use them except for water maps.

In that case it should at least have a much larger footprint. It is very small for such a large production, also.

They seem just about right to me! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

For a more balanced game you might like to use Kralyerg's More Food 150.

(Sorry to revive such an old topic please direct me to the forum rules if any or let me know if it is considered as bad practice here).

Thats why I like flat starting setup, with no lakes meaning no space for docks stuff

Quote:
3 hours ago, WNovizar said:

Thats why I like flat starting setup, with no lakes meaning no space for docks stuff

The Docks are my favorite piece of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. I think Shock Puppet made some pieces OP because he designed them with a Waterworld map in mind.  As VXL suggested, you might want to use Kralyerg's More Food mod  Alternately, you might try Discrepancy's Jetty and Bridge Set; I haven't spent a lot of time using it, but it has some really nice pieces.  It's available at WorldofBanished.com.

@estherhb : Discrepancy's Jetty and Bridge Set is a wonderful mod indeed, far more eye pleasing than <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> docks in my opinion. On the same note and if you are into building the ultimate fishermen village you ought to try the Maritimes serie by Necora, the dock set is even more beautiful and the whole chain production is very creative. A truly outstanding mod!

@jjones_50 @WNovizar @others : If rice pads are producing too much food keep in mind you can somehow make them less overpowered by assigning only one worker. Necora's clever production chains are making things a bit more difficult but in the end if you feel you still have way too much rice and fish why don't you just overpay the traveling merchant? I find it to be the simplest and most effective way to cut down my production drastically.