Trade animals

I'v noticed from merchants I'm getting Trade(Animal). I have not used them before so a link of explaining how they work and what to do or just anything would be helpful. Thanks!

You can use Trade Animal (lifestock) version on your pastures in order to produce na asset that is also a trade animal (good)  that you can use to trade in your trading posts.

Your farmer trader or general trader can supply you with traver versions of normal lifestock animals, at a identical price of non trading versions (ex: 800 for a trade fressian cow).

You must breed those animals in a standard pasture, and the pasture, once it is full, will generate a trade animal (a good not a life stock) that will be value 250 for you to trade.

This pastures will not produce anything else than the trade animal good. Chickens, Ducks and Leghorns are the most profitable trade animals to produce.

Be always carefull with the trade lifestock and the trade good because names are identical, you can always notice the diference because of the price, always 250 for the good and higher for the lifestock. You Cannot user trade animal goods to start a pasture, olny the lifestock.

Hope it helps

Thanks <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6900-paulojl/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6900" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6900-paulojl/">@paulojl</a> , 

what is best to get those trade animals or to keep trading with statues? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I like to use trade leghorns, trade chicken and trade ducks.

You can get a nice output from a pasture using olny 1 plp if you use a 15x16 pasture, and there is no need for input material.

Using large animals like horses or cows is not so good cause they take time to grow.

So, what's better for making usable trade animals?

Lots of small pastures, or a few max size / big pastures?

Which one produces more?

Quote:
4 hours ago, Johntodd said:

So, what's better for making usable trade animals?

Lots of small pastures, or a few max size / big pastures?

Which one produces more?

Larger pasture will produce more but just like @paulojl explained it's best to have 15x16 pasture with 1 worker. Maybe 30x30 pasture with 2 workers would produce alot( you need to try it).

You have also to take into consideration that the pasture will olny start producing trade animal goods after its max capacity is reached.

A max sized Pasture will take a lot of time to be fill with animals, but after that it will produze a lot more also.

But you can always move the slider of max capacity down in the begining of the game so they start to produce more, it is a good way to aquire seeds and other lifestock in the begining.

OK.

I've been running 30X30 on trade chickens.  They reproduce fast, and I seem to have an abundance.  However, it does take a while.  If you can set yourself up for max sizes on trade chooks, then they will do well for you.

If anyone is wondering why I even asked my previous question, it's for 2 reasons:

1.  To help the OP out;

2.  To see if there is a better way than the way I'm doing it.

Thanks!

-Johntodd

My Trade Chcicken 15x16 pasture with 1 worker produced 27 first year.