New housing splitting up families?

I'm playing with the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> v1.71 and I've noticed what appears to be a bug: Whenever I construct new housing, existing families (man, woman, children) are being split up to populate the new home, rather than allowing new adults to start their own families. They might even be taking other people's children with them. It seems to split by gender most of the time, though I've found a couple of exceptions where a father will leave the mother and take his daughter with him, etc. Unless we've introduced divorce into the game, this seems to be a game-breaking bug. I can't build new homes without breaking up fertile couples and new families cannot start. This kills my population growth. 

Is this a known issue that was fixed in the latest versions of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>?

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58e5948c5458a_Pic1.jpeg.1350230d31eba3b22afccdb4103c1456.jpeg" data-fileid="1945">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58e5948c5458a_Pic1.jpeg.1350230d31eba3b22afccdb4103c1456.jpeg[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58e59496b7a6d_Pic2.jpeg.6ed47843211ec4885091e27e1a9123b2.jpeg" data-fileid="1946">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_04/58e59496b7a6d_Pic2.jpeg.6ed47843211ec4885091e27e1a9123b2.jpeg[/img]</a>

check your adult to housing ratio. i try to maintain  2 adult to 1 house. it sounds like you are building too many houses and the bannies would rather live by themself or "single" than to leave houses empty. depending on the age mods you are using,early in game this is actually an advantage. you should see your child count go up. this will occur more with split families since houses can only hold so many.you now have 1 adult less per house so you should get 1 more child per house after a few years. word of the wise:watch your food count. children eat 100 food,just as much as working adults. otherwise,you will think you have food and all of a sudden it will drop off badly.

Ah, I was under the impression that married couples would not split, even to fill the void of a new house. Played vanilla Banished for nearly forty hours and I've never seen otherwise. My assumption was that the one spare house in my town would remain empty until a new adult came of age.

I suppose it makes some sense; in this case, Shauncy is dividing the family in half so that he can work slightly closer to his occupation on the quay fishing dock. I'll just have to pay attention for when a student comes of age, delete the building to move Shauncy back in with his family, then reclaim it so that the new adult can begin his own family unit. Or will the modpack automatically move Shauncy out when a new adult needs his/her own home? I'm assuming the game will still prioritize new adults when available? 

The modkit can't affect the citizen behavior.  The AI that decides how the citizens act is hidden from us. So what you're experiencing is completely unaltered from the base game.

if you do as you hae stated,odds are the old house will have enough bannies that it won't allow the other half of the family to move their. the bannies will be homeless or go to a boarding house.some houses allow 3 bannies some 4,some 5. all will allow a larger family to move in,like nomads or at the game start. after the initial family, thenumber of children the family can have is limited by the house size.you could pause the game and desstroy both houses,unpause the game and then reclaim 1 house. this should set the family back into 1 house.if you then turn off your builders,the other house can be reclaimed later since only a builder can tear it down.or keep prioritizing other buildings to keep the builder too busy to tear down the house.

remember,these bannies are funny people. whatever you think they should do,they will do something else. they are known to get lost in the woods for no reason and freeze or starve. they are known to swim across rivers and then walk all the way around it to get back.that is part of the game sometimes we understand them but many times they do whatever they want themself.lol