Am I just stupid about starting conditions?

I cannot for the life of me get any of the good or different starting conditions to show up. I have Journey and the Mega mod, but I haven't even loaded any mods. I'm just trying to start a new village. I have tried various map seeds I found here and I have searched here and all over the internet to see why I can't see them, but can find no answer.

All I ever get is the standard choices, i.e. hard, easy, valley, mountain, etc. none of the cool ones will come up. What am I doing wrong?

Are you using Banished version 1.0.7 beta - build 170320?  (version is at the bottom of the 1st screen when you load the game)  Are you using the Compatibility mod for 1.0.7 followed by <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>-Journey 1.75 then MegaMod .07 with MegaMod Deco (decorations) .07 last? Do these all have Xs next to them on the Mod screen?

Quote:
3 minutes ago, estherhb said:

Are you using Banished version 1.0.7 beta - build 170320?  (version is at the bottom of the 1st screen when you load the game)  Are you using the Compatibility mod for 1.0.7 followed by <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>-Journey 1.75 then MegaMod .07 with MegaMod Deco (decorations) .07 last? Do these all have Xs next to them on the Mod screen?

yes on all these, but I haven't loaded any mods yet because I wanted to start a new village. Should I be loading the mods first and then pick a map seed?

The software for the new maps and starting conditions are provided by the mods. Otherwise all you have access to is Banilla banished. Load the mods, select them, then exit Banished completely (helps prevent crashes). Then go in and start your new game. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
5 minutes ago, tweety said:

yes on all these, but I haven't loaded any mods yet because I wanted to start a new village. Should I be loading the mods first and then pick a map seed?

I just looked at my Journey version and it is 1.74, am downloading 1.75 now... would that be the problem?

Quote:
4 minutes ago, estherhb said:

The software for the new maps and starting conditions are provided by the mods. Otherwise all you have access to is Banilla banished. Load the mods, select them, then exit Banished completely (helps prevent crashes). Then go in and start your new game. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

ok, thank you so much! I will do this! Thanks for you quick help!  FYI, shouldn't this info be in the wiki or something? I could not find the answer to this anywhere, but maybe I'm the only one [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Quote:
7 minutes ago, tweety said:

,,, shouldn't this info be in the wiki or something? I could not find the answer to this anywhere, but maybe I'm the only one [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

(Oh dear, I am so not going to answer that [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> )

If you need any more help, be sure to ask.  Enjoy the game!

Quote:
6 hours ago, estherhb said:

(Oh dear, I am so not going to answer that [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> )

If you need any more help, be sure to ask.  Enjoy the game!

Thank you!