Colonial Charter Professions List

Call me a noob, but is there a comprehensive list of professions added by the colonial charter mod floating around the internet somewhere? If so, please give me the link. If not, I would be happy to help create one as a google sheets document.

Quote:
1 hour ago, DJHonore said:

is there a comprehensive list of professions added by the colonial charter mod floating around the internet somewhere? If so, please give me the link. If not, I would be happy to help create one as a google sheets document.

None that I know of... so go for it  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Also consider that other mods add new professions as well...  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Great question [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

With the BL team's permission I have been working (slowly) on the wiki, I sent a list of ideas via PM the other day and will work with <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> and the moderators on the articles.

1 of the first things I mentioned in a new category was Professions as I find a new profession I can add to the wiki and so on.  

Using a sheet, if 1 existed would be excellent, if you're wanting to help, and if <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> or <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> don't already have one, I'm sure you could ask them if it's something you can help with.

I know I'd be happy to use it [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  

Everyone is encouraged to add items to the Wiki.  I think a chart that lists the professions, where they work, and any other info you think is needed would be great.  I took a look at some of the entries for production buildings and they all showed the profession that works there. If you notice any that don't, feel free to update the entry or let us know.  To make sure the list can be updated, avoid posting a picture file.

I find it easier to make the list in Word (or a Word table) and copy that into Wiki since formatting is so limited in the Wiki. However, you might need to save then go back in and fix spacing and save again.

I will compile a list of the professions added in by Colonial Charter as a word document in my free time (I am currently enrolled at Ventura College, and thus only have limited free time) and attach it to a future reply to this thread to do what they will with. As I do not own Banished at this time (but plan to in future), I will be basing the list off of Pravus Gaming's Let's Play series of Banished with the Colonial Charter mod pack. I want to personally thank Paeng and estherhb for the information you provided to me in your replies to the thread above. I would also like to thank QueryEverything for valuable contact names. I am glad to see the community is so in support of this idea, that I will be dedicating most of my free time to this task. 

Here's an incomplete list of Professions I did in Word which may help get you started.  For the most part, the descriptions for Colonial Charter professions were taken from the String Table found under the Translations section. Those for original Banished professions were copied from the game.  The descriptions may or may not need editing to make them more complete.  In some cases the places where they work are listed, but there may be additional locations.  (Guess you could go through all of the locations in the Wiki to find where they work.) The last item on the list is "Worker" - I have no idea where those people work.   The Wiki and/or Toolbar Chart under Charts is a good place to go if you need a list of workplaces.

Honestly, I'm not sure how you are going to put this together by watching someone's YouTube series (this isn't one I've seen BTW).  I think you need a copy of the game at least; maybe it will go on sale for Easter [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Feel free to ask lots of questions.

<a class="ipsAttachLink" href="//blackliquidsoftware.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2011">Professions.docx</a>

Thanks estherhb, this is extremely helpful. Though honestly, this is almost complete as is.