So.. How about Vikings`?

So I been playing alot of  mount and blade: Viking conquest lately, and I thought.. hey.. would it not be awesome if I could build my viking survivors in banished? viking style houses farms and decor items, simple Iron age stuff?

The Viking conquest have alot of 3d models one could use as insperation, I am not a modder so I have no idea how much work it would be to just reskin houses and barns and stuff like this into a mod? obviously we have the Mega mod and I love it, but it can be very overwhelming, how about a small viking mod with like just a few farms, few animals, but more focus on hunt and fishing? last thing you build is a viking port at the rivier, once every year it comes back with treasure, gold or what not that can be used for trade.. I dont know, I just really like the viking look.

I definitely second this suggestion. 

Quote:
9 minutes ago, The Pilgrim said:

I definitely second this suggestion. 

So what would the list be? 

Add suggestions

Example of trade building look:
[Image: 35bzcja.jpg]

- Reskinned churches /grave yard = Burial mund

- New Townhall / Meeting place ( would still love to have something simple like the Nomad well from the megamod

- new fishery.

- New Simple farm buildings:

Example of farm land:
[Image: Image43.jpg]

Norse shrine to the old gods

Reskin of all old building to fit the viking style.

Deco items, simple fences, boats 

Still keep the ship yard mechanic from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> but replace with viking boats, still get whale and seals.

Simple nordic crops that grows in the Scandinavian nations:

Mushrooms

Rye

Raspberry

Hops

Potatos

Carrots

Roots

Onion

Orchards:

Hassle nuts

Apple

Animals:

Cow

Chicken

Deer

Sheep

Goats

Just add as many different houses in as possible, I like variation, I wouldnt mind many buildings doing the same thing. like few new looks for a hunters lodge, forresters,, smiths.. just give me all that viking looking goodness!

I roleplay a VIking village in my current game. The Norwegian trade post of Kaupang [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> Stick to the woody buildings and it looks really great!

And don't forget that <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> has a Viking Storage Vault in his DS Storage mod http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?act...w;down=216

And he has some stone & thatch round houses in his DS Celtic Houses mod that would not look out of place in a Norse settlement of the viking era http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?act...w;down=244

There has been some talk of other celtic buildings in various discussions, hopefully some of the modders will have the time to make some more [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />