"No disease" mod?

Is there a "no disease" mod?  If not, would someone please be kind enough to make one?  I'm playing the latest <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> mods.

Thanks so much!

-John

Never heard of one. There's a mod that turns tornadoes off (here) but that's about it.  I turn all disasters off - I can get my people to starve without them [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I even use the debug menu to cancle all disease, etc., and they still get sick.  Despite having a varied diet, high morale, etc.

debug doesn't totally stop disease. however,i do think if you click in it while the bannies are sick it will help sure them and slow/stop the spread. depending on the disease the hospital will help if you have enough herbs. i have not found a mod that totally stops all diseases either.

Quote:
5 hours ago, estherhb said:

I can get my people to starve without them [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

LOL me too! thanks for the gigglesnort; made my afternoon.

doesn't seem to matter which disease it is, influenza, scarlet fever, tuberculosis, etc, the best thing that helps my towns is a decent (full size) hospital. it's one of the very first things i build after food and firewood is stable. upwards of 20-30 people may fall ill, but about half the time no one dies, and if they do, usually only 2 or 3 folks die. tolerable. small clinics and herbalists just don't have as beneficial effect (imo).

Quote:
1 hour ago, stiles said:

depending on the disease the hospital will help if you have enough herbs.

Herbs and Herbalists are no help with disease epidemics (Mumps, Dysentery, Fevers etc.), for those you need a hospital manned with a Physician.

Health basically depends on -

- a varied diet (some of all 4 food groups)

- a local herbalist, to treat small ailments and wounds with herbs (get at market, bring to herbalist)

- a hospital, to treat epidemic diseases (beyond a herbalist's abilities)

More thoughts here:

http://banishedpeople.freeforums.org/abo...-t293.html

I have all that, P.   My town is at 3000.  I solved the problem by zero-cost building a poopload of hospitals.  I have 149 physicians, and the people were finally all healed.

Is that all there is to it?  Just "x-number" of hospitals for "x-number" of people?

Thanks!

-John

Well, on such dense populations an outbreak can spread like wildfire... and a hospital can only treat up to 30 peeps, plus you can't staff more doctors (only 1 per hospital), unfortunately. So a mod should maybe give hospitals a larger cap than 30 patients...

My people seem to avoid hospitals.  Is there any way (or any mod) to make them ho to the hospital?

When I develop a new township area, even just a market radius away, or a forestry outpost, I will always add a hospital, even if it's only a small one that can take 10 patients, and I add a herb market there (a small 1x2 in the Puzzle Market), so far my outbreaks have been reasonably contained this way as there is a doctor in each outpost.  Generally if I have over 5 hospitals, I won't have more doctors, but increase their numbers just before I take in nomads. 

It's not perfect, but so far I haven't lost everyone this way. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />