Trading query

Hello, I have noticed recently that some traders go by without stopping. I have never noticed this previously, it might be a common thing but I thought it might be to do with the way I have my trading posts set up. I have two at right angles to each other (see screenshot), which I have never done before. If there is anything you notice that might hinder a trader docking at a trading post, please let me know. I also noticed that when they do dock they always return the way they came once dismissed, that is also new to me- before they always continued downriver. It's not a problem but might be related to why some traders continue on without docking.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/590e363b61637_Banishedtraderquestion.thumb.png.a1c0e0cc9732e16cc1ca3b8cd02d0201.png[/img]

Yes, building at right angles (and so tight together) might be a problem sometimes...

Here it could be also that you block more than half the river, just leaving a small "hole" under the bridge...

River pathing can be a bit quirky in Banished... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ph34r.png[/img]/emoticons/ph34r@2x.png 2x" title=":ph34r:" width="20" />

i am not sure if all  boats leave the same way they come. the map i am on now,most boats come from the south and leave the same way. i did notice a boat come from the opposite end of the river and cross a patch of dry ground between 2 lakes and continue to the trade post. i did not watch him leave though.

to expand on what PAENG said.  don't place trade posts opposite of each other on the river either. if you have 1 directly across from the other, you will have a problem. some boats might stop but if a boat is stopped at 1 post,the next boat won't stop across from it. you also will get glitches if you build along a lake farther away from the main river. to me it is part of the game. it is like the merchant doesn't see that you are there.his path being from the mouth of the river to the other side of the lake where the river starts back up. that is his path. building away from it far enough he will not stop.  i had a map where this happened, at the time i thought it might be he was a merchant i didn't have a post for.i built down the shore of the lake added another trading post and a lighthouse. traders started to stop at all my different posts.makes things more interesting when the merchants do that.

i have also posted about this (boats going both ways).

see this thread for additional discussion and theories. no known solution as far as i can tell....

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/topic/935-seeds-affect-traders/&do=embed"></iframe>

Thank you, after reading all the threads I could find, it seems most people encounter problems when they use the terraforming tools, like I did to get the double bridge to build evenly and then again to get the wall around the quiet garden. The food trader that I built next to the bridge was actually farther out than I would have liked but the other traders seem to just go right through it. I still get enough traders at each, they are all working so it's not so much a problem as a curiosity

yep the boats ,like the bannies,have minds of their own for sure.