Continuous Restocking of Food in Boarding House

Hello!

I have just started using MegaMod 0.07 a few days ago. I have been using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mods for as long as I've been modding Banished, and I absolutely love them! The MegaMod was just like a triple stuffed brownie that is stuffed with more brownie for me.

Although, I think I might have a problem with the boarding houses. I use the tactic of building the boarding house for all my people to live in first. Once I have a nice stockpile of extra food, that is when I slowly start building up their houses. The only problem is any and all food that gets produced goes straight into the boarding house. They have tons, and I mean TONS, of food just sitting in their boarding house. I'm afraid to build any individual houses because I feel like if I do, the people that move in will starve because all the food is being hoarded into the boarding house.

I guess my question is, what is the limit of food that must be hit before they stop restocking the boarding house? Was it changed with this mod? I've never had this problem before. This mod is the only mod that I've downloaded that was new to my list.

Here is a list of my mods in exact order:

Extra Leather

Time is Money (Alternative_

Increased Resources Combined

Busy Laborers

SuperMarket

MegaMod DecoPack 0.07

MegaMod 0.07

Banished Plus

Is anyone else having this issue? Is this a glitch? I can't really expand with not being able to build more houses. : (

Well, have you tried building a regular house yet and see if they then also stock food?

Do you have other storage places (e.g. barns)?

Not sure about the cap, I never really tried your strategy  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

A regular Boarding House can store up to 10,000 based on weight. How much do you show is there?

i would try to disable the plus mod. that was obsoleted by <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> several versions ago.how many bannies are in the boarding house? from what i have seen they store about 100-125 units per person.

Quote:

Well, have you tried building a regular house yet and see if they then also stock food?

I haven't gotten that far yet. Whenever the laborers pick up the food and move to the storage barn, they immediately pick it back up out of the barn and put it into the boarding house.

Quote:

Do you have other storage places (e.g. barns)?

I only have the one storage barn right now.

Quote:

A regular Boarding House can store up to 10,000 based on weight. How much do you show is there?

Not that much. Lol! But it feels like a lot more than I have used in the past. I can't give you an exact number at the moment since I'm in game.

Quote:

i would try to disable the plus mod. that was obsoleted by <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> several versions ago.how many bannies are in the boarding house? from what i have seen they store about 100-125 units per person.

Is Banished Plus really obsolete? I didn't even know <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> added more features other than new buildings and new features to old buildings. 0.o Does <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> integrate every feature from Plus?

There are currently only 25. The five starting families with the two parents and three kids for each set of parents.

Just wanted to add, they seemed to have slowed down on the food hoarding for the time being. Although it took so many food resources to do it. More than usual for me. It took the fishing dock with 4 workers making on average 800 units of food, the oyster/seaweed/muscle gathering place (forgot what it is called), 1 field of broccoli, 1 field of plums, and the food gatherer. Usually the fishing dock with only 2 or 3 workers and within the first couple of years I can have a surplus of 1500 units or more of fish. That doesn't even include what is produced with the crop and orchard fields. Usually by year 5, I would have around 5000 units or more of surplus food. I am currently on year 4 and my surplus is usually only hitting 1500 units. And they are still trying to hoard food it seems. It will easily drop down to 800 or 900 units because they will restock the boarding house. Even though they will still have tons of food.

This just is a little bizarre for me. Since I'm finally getting some surplus, I can at least start planning my expansion. I will just have to be careful about it and wait to put more workers in food producing jobs. I'm not sure what changed and why if the boarding houses weren't touched.

My limited advice on this (I suffer from Bannie hoarding when I build too many houses at once), is to make sure you have at least 1 small food market (there are plenty of small ones, that can be 'temporary'), set the food market up so it takes a reasonable amount of food from the barns, as the Bannies put it in, then build a small house (just a shack to house a couple), they will stock some food there too, then build the boarding house, which will take a brute force amount of food - but, at least the market will work hard at distributing food as well.

I have placed 2 previously, 1 a full diameter apart from the other, so that there are least 2 merchants keeping food available and moving.

I haven't had to prove this for a while as I've changed up my game play, but have a go with that [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  Using small buildings that are cheap to put up, and quick to pull down is ideal.

most if no all that the plus added was built into <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> versions. the deer and fish cant be overharvested. several mods take the 1:1 aging situation  and made better adjuctments to it. each <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> version keeps the previous versions additions. so the journey keeps the new frontier additions and the additions from the versions before that as well. problem i had with the plus was placing fields. i could overlap 1 field with another. i also had developed a glitch where my fields after so many years would not work at all. when i start a game the fields worked so i kept playing and expanding my towns. only later after i noticed a huge drop off in food did i realize and figure out why. that mod was developed back several banished versions as well. like it was 1.04, 3 versions+ ago.

if you have everything spread out then that will slow down your food production. the fisherman has to deliver the fish then go back to his fishing spot. lets do the numbers though.

5 families with 3 kids each=25 bannies=2500 food per year. the game starts with about 1500. so you need 1000 the 1st year before the barn starts to fill up.

if you have 8 workers set to produce food at max production each would give you about 4000 food. 1st that leaves 2 workers from your 10. 1 to cut firewood and 1 to make tools. still need a laborer and a builder. where are we getting extra workers? if they are  older children, the numbers might work out. adding extra fishermen to the same pier does not usually double the output. my math is based on averages and the fishing has to be at 2000 or 1/2 the total. most likely the 4000 is high. 4000-2500 to feed the bannies for 1 year=1500 to store in the barn. that is gained per year. but those are best case scenario numbers. the fish could be averaging 300 each and drop that end number by almost 1000. realistically you should be gaining at 700 a year. personally i would drop back to 1 fisherman. 3 workers=1 farmer and a hunter and the spare can make leather coats.

how long have you played the game? how long have you played with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> added before you upgraded to the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>?  did you change any other mods when you made the switch?? there are several different mods that change food useage or production. what game setting? is it different from the way you played before? i use mild climate and that is how i based those averages. i use 10x10 fields and get better than 500 each normally. however i allowed for that for bad years, early frosts,and it covers a lower producing modded fishing dock as well. everyone plays different add to your mods as you get used to the game and find your own style of play.

Oh yikes. I did not know that. I will remove that mod then.

I actually had burned myself out on Banished for awhile. I just recently started playing again recently. I can't even tell you how long I had played with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> though. I think 1.4 or 1.5 was maybe my first <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> I used? That is just a shot in the dark though. I've been playing for awhile in total though. Before mods and all. *Shudders*

Usually the way I first start building off my towns is build a fishing dock and then place a storage barn right next to it. I usually build everything pretty closely together. I learned a long time ago the hard way not to build things too far out from each other.

I don't know what changed. Those numbers make sense, but after playing with one town up to year 8, they finally started getting surplus around year 6. Like I said, that was after building several food resources, which is unusual for me. I'm not use to it taking that long though.

I play with mild climate, medium plus, flat plains. I haven't added any mods. I only got rid of one mod, and it was a mod that caused animals to reproduce faster. Those are pretty much the same mods I've played with with the exception of Mega Mod. 

Do you have an aging mod you recommend? The only one I'm finding is One Year is One Year. I'm not a huge fan of some of features such as the kids become laborers at age 6 and can get married starting at age 7. Also, the mod author mentions changes to other things like hunger and what not, but don't expand on what they changed. : / Kids need to be kids. I will use it temporarily, but if there is any other one you know of, please feel free to share.

the 1:1 year mod has variations. if you pull the changelog you will see many options. https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/27-on...4-16052032

i use the propertime mod from WOB. several of us discussed different ideas and that developed into the mod. if you find the thread on it there were some options as it was changed along the way.the 1 i have sends kids to school about 10 for 6 years. so they aren't ready to be workers until 16 and then you can build houses etc.without a school,like early in games, at 10 they will become workers. i watch and will build houses for the females at 16 to boost population.we did up the death age as well. you will have bannies into their 70's -80's.unless my bannies are 16 or 17 they won't get married either.this i think is a good balanced mod. this mod also doesn't affect anything else.

i will say according to the population you say you started with,that is a lot of kids early to feed. that could be why you aren't building food early.i usually try to figure 1 food worker per 5 bannies. that is just to feed them though.when i follow it and keep my field count up it does help.  you do have to remember the different mods will affect the average though. i have like 90+mods and some of the forest gatherers have smaller areas that they work. as i say everyone has their own way of playing and what mods they use. and your playstyle will change as you go also.

lately my problem seems to be nomads not showing up as early as past games. i have a townhall that pulls nomads by itself and i build it the 1st year. lately i see nomads by year 5 if i am lucky.used to be nomads from the 3rd year on. none of the mods i have added should be a problem either.sometimes i think the game has a mind of its own and messes with us.