Tools Bugged ?

I noticed my villagers all had steel tools when I had only crafted rough tools. This was before a trading dock so hadn't bought them and forgotten. I was told on the steam forums it was likely a bug and I need the latest version from here. So, a clean install, deleted saves etc, joined the beta 1.07, and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75. Same thing has happened again. It kills the enthusiasm to play when the challenge is removed. Anyone else have this or can tell me what is going on? Also, I would like to know if the text is bugged and they have rough tools or they actually have steel. Thank you.

edit: My blacksmith made 46 tools in previous season which were used by about 22 adults, so using 2 a year. Does that sound like steel tools or has rough tools got the correct id and wrong naming? Also, my town inventory doesn't list steel tools and storage shows rough tools indicating I have never owned any. The problem seems to be when they take a tool.

I noticed that too <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16052-jbear/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="16052" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16052-jbear/">@jbear</a> I had only set mine to make iron, so .... 

I'm not complaining though [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />  hehe

What mods are you both using when this happens? Which blacksmith?

No other mods. Using base game blacksmith.