How does trade animals work?

So the title says it all.

Recently I got trade horse from trading post, but somehow that trade horse is not listed in my inventory.

On the other hand, I tried to build pasture to see if I can breed those trade horses first. It works, but those trade horses are invisible. You know, empty pasture but with horses sound in it.

Thanks.

To figure out why this is happening, need to know which mods you're playing with and in what order?  Are you playing with Banished 1.0.6 or 1.0.7 Beta (found at bottom of opening screen).

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15665-akip-tsaqif/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15665" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15665-akip-tsaqif/">@Akip Tsaqif</a>, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> is right, if you let us know what versions you are using, that's a great start.

Secondly - Unless the animals have a direct, unimpeded way to travel to their pens, they can get  'bugged' and not make it to the pastures, and get stuck at the Trading Post.

Also, graphics wise it may take until the next season for them to show up in game, so they may be 'active' in the pasture, but not visible until the game updates, at the end of season.

How many animals do you have in the pasture?  Does the number increase during the season?

Did you only purchase 1?  You won't normally be able to breed with just the 1, you need at least 4 - I always buy 6 to make sure.

When they do work properly in the pasture once they get to the pasture limit (10, 12, etc), they will be 'harvested', and the items will be in your storage, make sure you have an appropriate storage unit near the pasture (a general Barn, or a Misc Barn, Dry storage etc, have a check in the Wiki, in the storage details.

What I normally do, as they are trade only, I have my trading post set to a really high number (1,000) and that way the workers will constantly check the local barns to get the Trade goods, and if you're lucky they won't be taken by your local markets.  In some cases, if the markets start getting them before you, I would empty the markets every few seasons (demolish, but with no 'builders' active).  OR, build those pastures right up near the Trading Post, and have large enough barns there for them not to overfill with other items.

If none of that helps, then you will need to troubleshoot some more, but in the meantime please let Esther know what mods you are using, before we can help further. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

To <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>, I only use <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> and its Deco Pack. My game version is 1.0.6

To <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a>, my trading post has a direct access to pasture, it is not too close, but not too far either. I bought only two trade animals at that time because my resources are low (I'm still in early game). Is two animals isn't enough to breed other? See this screenshot:

<div class="ipsSpoiler_header">
Spoiler

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/242920_20170516195912_1.png.0416b17683c16d9e3a6c104557a71d46.png" data-fileid="2352">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/242920_20170516195912_1.thumb.png.496898328ad368c8c9ee1961f28f3d2f.png[/img]</a>

</div>

Anyway, thanks for helping me with this problem.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15665-akip-tsaqif/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15665" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15665-akip-tsaqif/">@Akip Tsaqif</a> when running Banished 1.07 you need a compatibility mod when using the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> & associated mods (see my screenshot for load order), so that will be of help for you as well.

The mod is here:  

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/files/file/167-107-compatibility-for-megamod-007/&do=embed"></iframe>

A tip for the traders:  When they come, but you don't have enough resources, but you want more of something:

1)  buy what you can - just press "trade"

2)  leave the trading window open, do not dismiss the merchant

3)  when your stock levels increase again and you can buy more, do so

4)  repeat until you have as many as you can, or need

In your case, I'm afraid it's very, very rare that you will be able to grow your stock just from the 2 trade horses, I would infact try & purchase more, I wouldn't buy any less than 6 - and if I didn't have enough for the 6 straight away, I would do those steps above 1-4, until I was able to afford all of them

I would suggest if you can go back to an earlier save, and start again.  Make a smaller pasture (so it won't take as long for the animals to breed enough to cull for trade), and then move to the mega pasture when you get a good number up.  

Sadly, I don't think the 2 will survive. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Also, are the horses still showing at the trading dock?

I had this same issue, not showing in a paddock a few months back, it turns out that they were stuck in the trading dock because there wasn't enough room around the dock.

Can you share a picture of your docks please?

I hope this information helps, and please keep in mind about the trading tips, the trader won't leave unless you close the window (minimising it is fine) or dismiss him [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/591bc8fa00d68_120170513dSUpBLMM.jpg.1693a74709de99b403b87e3d982015e0.jpg[/img]

Hi. My Banished version is 1.0.6, not 7.

Unfortunately, I don't have an earlier save, since this is my first save game in the session. For the dock, I use an Old Town Trading Post. Here is the screenshot

Spoiler

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/242920_20170517120719_1.png.5dc9da74bc99d16da4fdd9271beb7fd8.png" data-fileid="2356">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/242920_20170517120719_1.thumb.png.5993fb506322c2400f40d62d07c038cc.png[/img]</a><a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/242920_20170517120726_1.png.e7daac25f477ace8f7493aa507ebef44.png" data-fileid="2357">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/242920_20170517120726_1.thumb.png.1e9ab082679247fc4ee91b2ba6bbbf79.png[/img]</a>

</div>

The dock doesn't let you see animals like regular dock. But it works for non trade animals. Anyway, you can see in my screenshot that there is no item called "trade horse". The screenshot is taken right after I bought the animal from the trader, before I build my pasture.

Thanks.

I completely missed the Banished version, oops [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  Sorry <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15665-akip-tsaqif/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15665" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15665-akip-tsaqif/">@Akip Tsaqif</a>[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

With only having the 2 Trade Horses, I don't know how it's going to pan out - whether or not they will breed.

I would suggest letting it run for 2 more seasons if they make more, terrific if not, I think you're back to waiting for more to come in the trading post.

They may not be showing as there are none in the Barns/Warehouses so they can't be traded.  When you start to generate enough Trade items to sell and they go into storage, they should show up in the trading window.

My advice - let it run through for a couple of seasons, if there is no change, and the trade horses die off, there's not much that can be done.  As soon as a trader comes with more of them, keep the window open until you've bought more than 6, then see what happens.

Make sure you save now, and then again when there is a change - either a trader comes with more, you buy more, or you breed more - so you have a place to go back to, if you need to [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thanks. I'll wait it for more few years. Will come back here if anything changes. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Hi, I'm back.

I've speed up the game for a few years but no change. What a shame. Anyway, apparently those trade horses are really invisible. Because when I make a new pasture, and fill normal horses in it, the horses are there. See this:

Spoiler

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/242920_20170517142224_1.png.a604f520329c74fd7d20b89c259a3bec.png" data-fileid="2358">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/242920_20170517142224_1.thumb.png.5658ac69350f7677f1ebc461f97197ea.png[/img]</a>

</div>

As you can see, the horses in the background are normal horses, whilst the trade horses in pasture were invisible. Any help with this?

Thanks.