Crops Growing Slow?

I'm running <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> and the MegaMod on the no snow climate. I have a farmer set to work a field that is 8x13. They are growing peppers. The only problem is that the peppers won't grow before the automatic harvest once early autumn hits. I tested it out, having the farmer work the field and then stop work once early autumn comes. The peppers don't even hit 90% yield until it's late winter. Obviously since there is no snow, the crops can grow through the winter and I can just wait until they reach 100% yield. 

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug or what? I don't really want to manually stop work every year to make sure that the crops come all the way in. Oh, I should also say that the farmer is educated and using rough iron tools if that means anything.

i don't use that climate setting but will offer some guidance. you say you stop work in autumn. do you start it in spring? reason i ask is if you start it where are the farmers then? they could be clear across the map doing labor duties.i leave farmers turned on. they will do labor work automatically when they can't work the field. i also try to not be clearing land or start building construction in late winter. that gives them time to catch up and get back to thier fields. if they plant the crop late then it will be ready to harvest late too. there is a chart somewhere to give temperatures and growing times. you could have just got bad luck on the map and it gave you an early cold spell. try it again and check the temps.

I'm not positive, as I never use tropical, but I think this mod is supposed to help:

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/files/file/60-hot-crops/&do=embed"></iframe>

Maybe this chart will help.  It shows the temperatures where each crop grows well.  TEMPERATURE CHART

Ah yes, that's why. Peppers stop growing if it is over 90 and the climate I was using got up to 110. That's probably why they wouldn't grow during the summer but would be alright in the winter. Thanks all!