Square Large Removal

Hello there,

I'm playing with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.62.

I'm asking here for some help. I'm stuck with a “Square L[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]arge” planter base.

I can't build what I want to with this square in middle of everything. ( See screenshot )

What happened ?

I built a "Square Large" planter base. I made it impassible. ( The icon to make it impassible tells it will be possible to remove it the "regular" way ).

I'm now stuck with it.

I don't know what to do to delete it. I really don't want to start over right now…

Can someone help me ? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

Thanks in advance for your help.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="2378" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/2017-05-19.jpg.a276b735deab0e2e2bc4839460dbff47.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/2017-05-19.thumb.jpg.d7e67cd1b7d19cc35968b54db99b12cd.jpg[/img]</a>

Try the regular destruction tool. If that doesn't work, click on the item and then click on the trash can.

The "Remove Structures" tool doesn't work. It doesn't even detect there is something to remove. ( See attached )

And as you can see in my screenshot, there is no trash can.

I even tried the "flatten power tool", doesn't remove anything too.

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/591ef448a7555_RemoveStructures.jpg.29a8a273b6806ade1d8312cabb5f951f.jpg" data-fileid="2380">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/591ef448a7555_RemoveStructures.jpg.29a8a273b6806ade1d8312cabb5f951f.jpg[/img]</a>

PS: My request wasn't a "I don't know how to play" request.

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/433-takit/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="433" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/433-takit/">@Takit</a> 

I don't think <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> needed the -1, it's a somewhat common oversight that people sometimes miss things when they first come to post questions, her answer would have been one any one of us would have given.  She was trying to help you (+1 E), with no other information to hand, she wasn't to know that there was no trash can at the time of the original posting, and no one implied that you were stupid!!

Now - moving on, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.62 is woefully outdated and full of many, many bugs, and the BL team with <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="3" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/3-kralyerg/">@Kralyerg</a> crazy mad skills has brought the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> version up to 1.75 to match Banished 1.07, whilst they were a man down, (we missed you Shock ...)

So, I guess the thing to do is ask:

What Banished are you running?  1.06 or 1.07

The <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> of 1.62 -  by choice, or you simply hadn't had a chance to update?

Are you also using <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>?  If so, what version?

If you upgrade to 1.73 (pre Banished 1.07) you can still run all your fave 1.62 moments, but you will also get an abundance up big fixes:

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/files/file/158-journey-for-banished-107/&changelog=48&do=embed"></iframe>

Quote:

<p style="color:#a4a4a4;">
Released March 6

<div style="color:#666666;">
  • Fix City Wall Storage building bug

• Fix Blacksmith limits

• Fix Dock Still not storing rice

• Fix Placer Mine limit

• Fix specialized markets to not store wrong things

• Moved Feathers to Textiles category

• Added new marble statue as ghost

• Added shore rocks as ghost

• Added jungle plants as ghost

• Added ground covers as ghost

• Added new pine trees as ghost

• Remove Trading Post requirement for nomads at Town Hall

• Added Medium+ starting conditions for shipwreck starts

• Added Easy/Medium/A&E starts for Northern Pines start

• Added City Wall 3 Long ghost piece

• Added City Wall Gate with portcullis as F variant

</div>

<div>
<div title="Protected by Grammarly">

</div>
</div>

If that doesn't do it, ie there was still a piece missing, then you will need to either update to the latest version, which means updating to Banished 1.07 if you haven't done so already.

If you can reply back with the answers, I wonder if we could be of more help to you [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Actually, my response was good too; I decided to NOT respond further.

It was indeed <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> which s why I upped your answer [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  You're the Lady of the Forum, no need to - you. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

when you say you made the planter "impassable" do you mean you used the empty space mod to do that? if so you may be right that it can not be removed. there are also some pieces,especially decorations that have a note added to be careful how you use them.some are difficult and some are impossable to remove.if all you want is to bring the stone fence around the corner than i suggest using ghosted stone walls on that corner.

Hello there,

Thanks for the new answers, I will try to reply “correctly”. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634bbc788a_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic502.png[/img]

Quote:
8 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

[…] she wasn't to know that there was no trash can at the time of the original posting […]

Yes she was, The screenshot in my first post was there from the beginning. I was maybe wrong to -1 her. I didn't mean to be rude.

Her answer shows that she didn't take a look at my screenshot. That didn't bring anything new to me and she didn't ask anything.

That's my regular use of the -1. But I'm sorry if you took it bad, estherhb. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634bbc788a_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic502.png[/img]

Quote:
8 hours ago, QueryEverything said:

The <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> of 1.62 -  by choice, or you simply hadn't had a chance to update?

Are you also using <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>?  If so, what version?

I am playing with Banished 1.0.5 Build 160505. I am not using <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. ( I don't know why I'm still on Banished 1.0.5, GOG tells me I've got 1.0.6 ).

I'll upgrade both Banished and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> when I'll start a new game. I "need" to finish what I planned to do in this one.

Quote:
6 hours ago, stiles said:

when you say you made the planter "impassable" do you mean you used the empty space mod to do that? if so you may be right that it can not be removed. there are also some pieces,especially decorations that have a note added to be careful how you use them.some are difficult and some are impossable to remove.if all you want is to bring the stone fence around the corner than i suggest using ghosted stone walls on that corner.

I don't know what is the "empty space mod". I made it impasible using the "+" in the window of the square.

( See screenshot, example with a round large, I don't have any square to upgrade. )

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/Impassible.jpg.93c0bb79bb3c8cb8add8888e2029c485.jpg" data-fileid="2391">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/Impassible.jpg.93c0bb79bb3c8cb8add8888e2029c485.jpg[/img]</a>

I feel I have to live with that problem for the moment, so I got around the bugged tiles ( see sreenshot ).

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/59200fc86f1f9_Gotaround.jpg.42a0b8cfefe7e0d7e82c1b6fa7a09127.jpg" data-fileid="2392">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/59200fc8e1c4e_Gotaround.thumb.jpg.6652001072ad0ee7a9325ad1dfc5a9da.jpg[/img]</a>

I just uninstalled my Banished and install a fresh new from GOG.

Now I'm on Banished 1.0.6 build 160521. The problem hasn't change at all. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/584634ba7d688_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic500.png[/img]

strange. i wonder if it layed down 1 before you clicked the "+" so there is 2 on the same space. now when you click the area it pulls up the 1 that can't be removed. at least the ghosted walls made it look fixed.