Terrain preview

When we start a new game,

Is it possible, according to the type of terrain we choose, to display a thumbnail image as a preview of the terrain texture of the map ?

Something like that :

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/Preview.jpg.d8c473adc31fb4913a92e87be273747a.jpg[/img]

Is that a bad idea ? Is that impossible ?

Does someone has an opinion on that ?

It's not a bad idea... I just have no idea if it's possible... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blush.png[/img]/emoticons/blush@2x.png 2x" title=":$" width="20" />

i like that idea actually too [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

From what I can gather from trying to edit this part of the UI... not likely.

For DSSV I tried to make the Terrain Type drop-down prompt a text tip like the Starting Conditions do, but the code that makes this happen does not seem to be visible to us.

... unless we can set a sprite image... needs further investigation.

But a possible option, that can be done is to display a small banner with all the pictures of the different Terrains/ground textures.

Quote:
On 08/06/2017 at 9:48 AM, Discrepancy said:

But a possible option, that can be done is to display a small banner with all the pictures of the different Terrains/ground textures.

That would be nice too. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

wish the game itself would have started this way, its extremely hard, going in and out till I find one I like.  There being no place to go and see the #s to know what it might look like as well.   Probably cause it changes everytime you use a no. depending also on the name of the town, etc.  But it would be nice. 

actually the names don't matter. just the number code. and yes it  can be a pain to find a special map. i recommend keeping a paper handy to write down some as you do find them. there are blogs here and there that you can search tru also.the size can affect the way the map looks too. if you find a mpa that is close to what you want,you might try changing just the size.

I resurrected an old map seed I had a few months back that had sheep & 2 crops, I ended up with chickens and 2 crops (1 different), the seeds can still be unreliable.... 

Doesn't solve the OP though [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> oops