Walking through wall

<p style="color:#666666;">
Hi! 

<p style="color:#666666;">
I noticed that in the model for the Gable House that where there is a road marker on the building plans, actually there are walls being built there. As I built it on an existing road the path citizens take is unchanged and as can be seen on the screenshot below, people are simply walking through the walls. Not sure if this was intended with the design of the house, but in this case I thought it looked a bit silly.

I was wondering if this was something that would be changed in a following update? I'm running <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Journey 1.71 from the steam workshop at the moment, I see there is already a version 1.75 on this sight but looking at the changelogs i didn't notice any mention of the gable house or any fix in there. Is this a known issue and is there maybe already a fix for it?[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/House.png.4fbec45f3eeebe86aa60e981f7e548b6.png[/img]

Yes, I did this the first time I built a gable house, there was nothing to do but tear it down and start again. These days I always give the gable houses a front yard to avoid this, I think they are well suited to a small English cottage garden anyway.

Quote:
On 5/27/2017 at 9:44 AM, Jafar_the_Barmecide said:

Yes, I did this the first time I built a gable house, there was nothing to do but tear it down and start again. These days I always give the gable houses a front yard to avoid this, I think they are well suited to a small English cottage garden anyway.

Thanks for the advice! I'd rather see this fixed somehow in a future update but i will do it like this for the time being [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> Would you recommend making the terrain under the wall impassable or will the garden also stop people from walking through the wall anyway?

I've yet to use this, so I don't know what the footprint lay out of the house is. The squares under the wall there, are they road tiles or does it over hang the lot?

If they are road tiles then there is nothing you can do to make them impassible. If it over hangs the lot, I have just the thing for you. I made a small mod called 'NEC Empty Square' which includes, wait for it, an empty square. This square is impassible, so if the walls over hang the footprint of the building you can pop the square beneath them and no one will walk over them. 

You can find it here = http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?act...w;down=294

Quote:
On 5/28/2017 at 10:06 PM, Hacklefellar said:

Thanks for the advice! I'd rather see this fixed somehow in a future update but i will do it like this for the time being [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> Would you recommend making the terrain under the wall impassable or will the garden also stop people from walking through the wall anyway?

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a>'s solution seems like the best idea, the garden itself may not stop bannies walking through it but if you put a picket fence around the garden and the house with a path up to the door then they will walk to the door and back but not through the fence, the fence will force them to go back to the road before they go anywhere so they won't take a short cut through the bay window wall. (not ghost fences though)