Solemn Dilemna

if i told yas how much chicken wire and duct tape i used to get this game to work,i will get banned and kicked out.so no judgement from me at all.glad to have more players to bring more ideas to make the game better.

Hey <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8733" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/">@BuildHappy</a> that 4.6 hours is just the average across the week yes? It makes a hell of a difference if you can spend one day of the weekend just playing Banished, I've spent some weekends playing the game for about 10-12 hours on the Saturday with a another 6+ on the Sunday.

Banished is one of those games that I start playing in the afternoon and then find I'm feeling hungry, look at the clock and see that it's 7 in the evening. Then I figure I'll play for a few more hours in the evening and then realize it's midnight already. However I too need a break from it and there's other games that I love too much to not play (the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series of sci-fi horror-survival games being the primary one).

I have a tendency to build a city to a certain point and then decide that I'd like to see it on a different map and so I start a new map. Or there's a new mod that gets released and I simply MUST have it so I start a new city so I can include the new mod.

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Oh, I forgot to ask before, <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9056-tuffdwarf/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9056" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9056-tuffdwarf/">@TuffDwarf</a> how much closer to 1100 hours are you now? 

Quote:
21 hours ago, KevinTheCynic said:

that 4.6 hours is just the average across the week yes?

No! look at the numbers: 5658 hours divided by 1228 days since the game was released (guessing he bought the game on day one) is 4.6 hours per day EVERY day.

that's 32 hours per week. much much more than a weekend's worth!  ?

it is an awesome amount of time, one i could not hope to achieve.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8733" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/">@BuildHappy</a> sorry, my mistake. I should have been clearer. What I meant was that the 4.6 hours was the average number required per day, not week. So if you play approximately 12 hours on the Saturday, that's nearly three days of those averaged hours.

i picked up Don't Starve in the steam summer sale. my dreams are now a horrid mishmash of that and Banished. dream me thinks crabbits should be a livestock option.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="314" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/314-kevinthecynic/">@KevinTheCynic</a> Sorry to say I'm only a couple hours further towards 1100. Got sidetracked by that pesky thing called Life!  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />  I shall persevere, though.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16419-kerlyssa/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="16419" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16419-kerlyssa/">@Kerlyssa</a> I've had Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together for years now.  Highly recommend them to everyone.  That's where most of my last almost 4 years of life have been spent .. I have almost 5000 hours between the two titles.  I only stopped obsessing over DS when I came across Banished.  I still play DST to get the weekly gifts, but once that chore is done it's back to Banished.

Mind you, at my age I have all the time in the world to spend playing games.  Especially when a bit physically diminished.  From that point of view it's great to be old!  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9056-tuffdwarf/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9056" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9056-tuffdwarf/">@TuffDwarf</a> & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16419-kerlyssa/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="16419" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16419-kerlyssa/">@Kerlyssa</a> I have Don't Starve as well (and also Don't Starve Together but I haven't installed it yet). That's a challenging game although I haven't spent much time on it really, only 3-4 hours. I do enjoy the quirky style and humour. I had also bought Sir, You're Being Hunted some time back but again for a similar experience but... it hasn't been installed yet (I need to get a larger hard-drive just for my games!)

Imma just going to leave this here and skip away ... 

This is on my account, but not my QE account (yes, I bought 2 copies, [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />), and it's not taking into consideration the hours that weren't collected because I was playing on my Humble Bumble version on my old desktop pc (which I found the other day, not my original, originals, but I found some 1.03 stuff, saves [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> ), then on hubby's laptop (a good 2-4 months worth there too), and then on my old laptop, so, there's a few more hours there, plus my QE account, yup.  

One might think I have a tiny problem ... hahaha

On & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8733" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8733-buildhappy/">@BuildHappy</a> good on you for going legit [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Feels good [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> I know you did it before the sale, but right now, with the game only $5 you'd be crazy, (a few other choice words) not to go legit now if you were still running a pirated version.

Nothing worse knowing that Luke is doubling down, putting in extra effort for the community who have asked him for stuff, and members don't pay their way.  So - good on you for getting on the good vibe train [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> (Even though it predated his updates, hahaha) [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59543d7660c0e_20170629steambanishedhours.jpg.9b44fb745fea38c870c10bfe7aae05d6.jpg" data-fileid="2626">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59543d7660c0e_20170629steambanishedhours.jpg.9b44fb745fea38c870c10bfe7aae05d6.jpg[/img]</a>