Iron / Iron Ore

Hi everyone,

Just to know : Are iron and iron ore the same ?

To build places, people needs iron but I collect just iron ore [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" />

Quote:
37 minutes ago, Althenais said:

Are iron and iron ore the same

No, not the same! Best read the  wiki entry here for explanation... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/articles.html/mining-ores-minerals/iron-r335/

* You could use the "Iron is Iron" mod, but that would be the easy way out...  [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ph34r.png[/img]/emoticons/ph34r@2x.png 2x" title=":ph34r:" width="20" />

Oh ! Thanks, really ! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I try to build a place and my people doesn't (don't ?) want to work on... Maybe 'cause I've iron ore but not iron [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" />

Quote:
16 minutes ago, Althenais said:

Maybe 'cause I've iron ore but not iron

Yeah, most probably... it's not very realistic to pick up iron from the ground and hammer it into tools and stuff, that's why this was modded - you need to build a whole chain in order to process iron ore into iron... e.g. build a stack burner and make charcoal, which can than be turned into industrial fuel by a fuel refiner, which can then be used to smelt iron before a blacksmith can use it to make tools...

So for this chain - stack burner > fuel refiner > smelter = iron...

* note that there are small versions of refiner and smelter available...

OK [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I'll see that, thank you [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />