Height Levels

Looks fantastic <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a>[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Very inspiring [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

OT:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> with your terraforming in the Riffle set, can you increase the height?  Not just in huge steps, but gradually?  I like how the lowering curved with the tiles, but, can you increase?

I do use the terraforming tool, and it has a high height, but, I was wondering how far could it be extended?  How much is too much for a road to be mapped to it (all roads flatten, duh), and can the farms & pastures which go over the hills, be examined, to see if that code could be used independently to then create a 'field' for the Bannies to walk up - as a start to perhaps having walkable mini hills?

Also too - I don't see why something like this couldn't be made?

Ghosted high bridge, like the high/low dock pieces from you & <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> & Kid's houses, (and the ones in this screenshot).

If you can make a very tall set of stairs, that wind upwards (up a hill etc), then have a 'building' that is in the shape of a hanging bridge, could it be done???

I tried all the highest bridge pieces I could, and they work when they wrap around buildings, but they aren't high enough to get a really good feel for it, and they aren't ghosted, which means I couldn't get them snug.  

I think it can be done - with a little trickery [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/592e0f844c25a_20170531Screenshot1386.thumb.jpg.67dce169efb662fa0bc308049e461c9d.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/592e0f8760cd6_20170531Screenshot1308.jpg.7e0c103d03b0f69ebbbeeaaee25106a2.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/592e0f8c8158d_20170531Screenshot1390.thumb.jpg.9778c004e3f4d5458d965d4a543a2512.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_05/592e101853d44_20170531Screenshot1393.thumb.jpg.2ea24187b629f998bc54f12a172bcff7.jpg[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> take that lid, and put it firmly back on the can of worms you just opened. Tight. Make sure you pick up each and every worm too.

Yes, it can be done, however... terrain can be raised to any height (not sure if there is a limit, but there is a limit as to how high the bannies will walk so probably no point in going higher than that) however the question is, how high? We can make the height increase in .0001 of a <abbr title="MegaMod">mm</abbr> if you want. The problem with this sort of thing is that it will need a very comprehensive set of tools, unless we just do a short 1m height or something. The terrain in Banished is a lot less forgiving than that in SC4, we won't be able to make the great terraforming tools that people made for that (the god mode ones I'm talking about) unless someone finds a hack in the code. So at the moment to change the terrain height we rely on models, with the same method of placing normal buildings. The riffle set only has 3 levels, with the minimal number of transitions between them, and already it has a lot of tool bar pieces. Also, making rolling hills will be much different than sharp inclines as we can already, bigger buildings and either a stricter placement regime or a tonne of different tools for different parts of the hill.

I was thinking of making some hill tools, and a set of buildings to go with them, and another idea I won't let on to, but that will have to wait for the fall.

Quote:
1 hour ago, Necora said:

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> take that lid, and put it firmly back on the can of worms you just opened. Tight. Make sure you pick up each and every worm too.

Yes, it can be done, however... terrain can be raised to any height (not sure if there is a limit, but there is a limit as to how high the bannies will walk so probably no point in going higher than that) however the question is, how high? We can make the height increase in .0001 of a <abbr title="MegaMod">mm</abbr> if you want. The problem with this sort of thing is that it will need a very comprehensive set of tools, unless we just do a short 1m height or something. The terrain in Banished is a lot less forgiving than that in SC4, we won't be able to make the great terraforming tools that people made for that (the god mode ones I'm talking about) unless someone finds a hack in the code. So at the moment to change the terrain height we rely on models, with the same method of placing normal buildings. The riffle set only has 3 levels, with the minimal number of transitions between them, and already it has a lot of tool bar pieces. Also, making rolling hills will be much different than sharp inclines as we can already, bigger buildings and either a stricter placement regime or a tonne of different tools for different parts of the hill.

I was thinking of making some hill tools, and a set of buildings to go with them, and another idea I won't let on to, but that will have to wait for the fall.

*Gathers worms, adds them to compost bin (shopping list: compost bin needed), seals it, puts encyclopedias on lid

Done

Until the Fall [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  

Given the work with multi-level houses and buildings, the new coding breakthroughs etc, I think come later in the year there may well be some exciting ideas and breakthrus to this reasonably frustrating limitation. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

*promises <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="5518" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/5518-necora/">@Necora</a> to attempt to not mention this again until someone else does [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

*Apologies to <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="14" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/14-paeng/">@Paeng</a> for squeezing in [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/592f5ddedc68c_20170601highlowScreenshot23.thumb.jpg.1eff3fa7e7402cb94d9eab14ba4b5af7.jpg[/img]