"Trade [animals]" items

Hi,

I searched in the wiki and didn't find so I ask you here.

What are the "trade [animals]" items ? I have a "trade friesian cow" in my storage and don't know what it is and what it's for.

Is it a sort of "domesticated animals" ?

Thanks in advance for your answers [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Originally, Kralyerg created a mod called "Trade Horses" when Horses were added to Colonial Charter. He did this because some of us really don't want our people eating horses - but we wanted to see them in our game.  Trade Horses are bought from a Trader and go into Pasture where they multiply just like regular Horses. However, instead of butchering the excess Horses when the Pasture is full, the Trade Horses are taken to a Barn so they can be moved to a Trading Post and used for trade.  Eventually "Trade" versions were created for all livestock.

Mh. Ok. So, my "trade friesian cow" are for trade on trading post, is it ?

or start a psture and have little trade cows.

Quote:
6 hours ago, Althenais said:

Mh. Ok. So, my "trade friesian cow" are for trade on trading post, is it ?

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15466-althenais/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15466" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15466-althenais/">@Althenais</a> yes, the "Trade Fesian Cow", is to be used in the trading post.  If you have only 1 of them (in storage, a value of 250), then yes - you will need to trade it.

If you can buy more than the 1 (minimum I recommend is 6-9), and they are at a higher price (600+) then they are the ones you want to buy to be able to breed them.

The Trade animals are a little sticky - there are 2 versions, 1 the one you want to buy to breed, have a higher cost (like their consumable/butchery counterpart), so the same price as a regular Fresian Cow; then a 2nd version which you will only buy 1 or 2 at a time, and their values will always be 250.

To breed, you should start with a larger amount, no less than 6 because of the breeding time, any less and you run the risk that they will die off faster than they can breed - so the more the merrier.  I have had small luck with 4, but I will always buy the largest amount possible.

It doesn't matter if you don't have enough to trade straight away, the trick to the Traders is that as long as you keep their Window open, and you don't dismiss them they will always stay at the Trading Post.  Once a trader reaches you and has 6+ (normally 8 I think for the breedable Trade Animals), then keep that window open, and keep trading your goods until you reach as many as you can fit.  You can trade 2, 3, 4, + times in 1 visit, as long as you don't dismiss them.  Some Trader screens can be minimised, it is safe to minimise the screen - just don't dismiss them. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

In short:

1 Trade Animal @ 250 = Sell this back to the trader, you can't breed it

6 or more @ 600+ = buy as many as possible to breed, then sell your stored good back to the trader @ 250 ea

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a>, thanks for your explanation [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

I'll do like you say ! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Thanks again [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Good luck & if you need any more help <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15466-althenais/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="15466" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/15466-althenais/">@Althenais</a> then please ask [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  

It's one of those problems I had previously, and it took a while to figure out, so it's not something I forgot [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />