Misc + Raw Materials Bug?

I recently moved and got a new pc so I did a fresh install of Banished and added the newest version of Colonial Charter. Things seemed to be going fine until I put a wild shepherd down. The display said that I had 4 workers assigned as "shepherds" but none of them currently working and my misc-produce limit was automatically set to 99999. I waited to see if someone would start working but no one ever did and changing the value didn't seem to help as if i deselected the building and re-selected it, it reset to 99999. I thought it might just be a problem with the wild shepherd so I demolished it and carried on. But later on I put in some shore houses and a similar thing happened. The workers were assigned correctly this time but the misc-produce and raw materials limits were both set to 99999. The workers started but stopped almost instantly as the upper limit reached symbol appeared over all of them. Changing the values doesn't seem to do much and when i select one of them it resets back to 99999.

I'm off to bed but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful so I can get back to playing in the morning.

This is definitely odd.  The newest version of Colonial Charter is 1.75. It uses the new "flags" (think "categories") available in the newest version of Banished which is 1.0.7 (beta). Check the bottom of the startup screen to make sure you are using 1.0.7 (beta).  

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16992-huffle50/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="16992" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16992-huffle50/">@Huffle50</a> & welcome to the board.

A couple of things:  What versions of:  Banished, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> & <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> (if you use it) are you using?

- Is it Banished 1.0.6 or 1.0.7?

- Which <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, I'm almost certain that it's CC175, if it's the most current one.

-- If you are using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 175. then you will want to be using Bansished 1.0.7 as it uses the new flags & limits.

- <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, to make sure you can run it on B107 needs to have a compatibility mod as well, to make sure it too runs correctly.

- Make sure you are using the correct building, sounds like an obvious question/answer, but you say 4 workers, but the WS only uses 1, the Wild Gatherer (who gathers normal fruits & roots etc) uses 4, this is the upgrade from the WS, when it runs out of DA's to gather.

Once that's sorted, a couple of things:

- The Wild Shepherd building only allows 1 Shepherd worker yet you have 4?  (You may have upgraded & not realised the 2nd building does not gather the DA

- to have the Wild Shepherd work, it must be on a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> map start, so any of the [<abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>] prefixed maps, that's the only time they will actively look for the Domesticated Animals.  

- place the buildings in the building of an area you are working in, when I use a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> start, the WS is one of the very first buildings I put down, in the middle of town, I set it & forget

- appropriate storage, making sure you have a <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> or new flagged storage spot nearby WS use Misc so try building a Misc specific building (most likely have done that, but it's just as easy to pick any storage and plant it, thinking it works [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> you will need a food storage for the upgraded Gatherer)

Tips

- The Banished version is on the bottom of the menu / load screens, fine print in yellow

- Wild Shepherds do have a very large radius, but they will only work on <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> maps, and in areas that are being actively cleared by Laborers (in my experience - but apparently they are meant to just run around [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> )

Further reading

(A couple of threads that have discussions about the WS)

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/topic/1172-cc-174/&do=embed&comment=5713&embedComment=5713&embedDo=findComment"></iframe>

<iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/topic/1245-how-does-the-wild-shepherd-work/&do=embed&comment=6479&embedComment=6479&embedDo=findComment"></iframe><iframe data-embedcontent="" frameborder="0" src="<___base_url___>/index.php?/articles.html/resource-gathering/wild-shepherd-r687/&do=embed"></iframe>

Please let us know how you get on [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Good luck!!

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/593284aad8f94_201706031WildShepherd.thumb.jpg.b44a84ca19bb7de8431e862d57187d19.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/593284adb66fa_201706032WildGatherer.thumb.jpg.fe6db3fd32da088f059a2cd9562dfb5b.jpg[/img]

Thank you for the responses. I think the patch didn't apply correctly which is causing me issues. I'm trying to reinstall everything and make sure it's version 1.0.7 before i add colonial charter. But I'm getting crashes whenever I add the 1.0.7 patch. I'll mess with it and hopefully it will work.

Fixed! The issue was when I extracted the patch to the Banished folder some of the files didn't end up in the right place so I was still operating on version 1.0.6. I've managed to update proeprly and load my saved game and the shore houses are working normally again. Thanks so much for the help.

No problem at all <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16992-huffle50/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="16992" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/16992-huffle50/">@Huffle50</a> sometimes it just takes a moment to step back into and start again [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Which is what happened for you [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Glad you got it all sorted!! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />