Cant Remove Building

Ive tried everything <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75, B 1.07 beta

cant prioritize, cant reclaim, cant remove, cant cancel remove, cant do nout, tried every kind of storage to no avail either and I don't have an earlier save either [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/unsure.png[/img]/emoticons/unsure@2x.png 2x" title=":/" width="20" />

[Image: f483e11175148cc217174f3cc7e05923.jpg]

You don't have any Builders assigned to this project.  (Window shows 0 of 4)

ive got plenty of builders the 0 of 3 is from the woodcutters, the 4 is how many builders i had at the time ive now got 20+ still not gone

When I tried to duplicate the problem, I assumed the build wasn't quite complete from how it looks in the picture.  I marked the building for removal at about 70%. The window immediately changed from the construction window to the destruction one just like the one you show in the picture.  It initially showed 0 of 3, then changed to 2 of 3.  I only had 2 Builders (and no Woodcutters since I use charcoal). By increasing the # of Builders available, the window changed the count to 3 of 3.  I concluded then that those were Builders assigned to the destruction project - not Woodcutters.  Maybe you should play around with the number of Builders and Woodcutters to see what changes the count in the window you have.

Hi <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12487-shotdead/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12487" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12487-shotdead/">@ShotDead</a> I've just done as <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> did and found that I was able to demolish my building without any problems.

When you first looked at the building you saw the woodcutter icon, and the number, then when you told the building to demolish you saw the icon still, and the same number?

Also, how many Laborers did you have, some buildings need to have Laborers move contents first, just like a build action, but in reverse.

I had 6 woodcutters, 3 of which were assigned to the Sawmill

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59339df6b73b0_20170604a850workerbuilders.jpg.9fc1f42289ec9d5e735967ba0f3d161e.jpg[/img]

When I started the demolish I noticed that the icons were very similar.  

I wasn't sure things had changed, but then I noticed the numbers in the demolish screen change, and I took note of how many active builders were working in my professions box.

4 active builders from an available amount of 30

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59339dfa75389_20170604b850buildersworking.jpg.cf67f9ec8776d424b67db57ddbd0f576.jpg[/img]

I think what's happening for you is the the builders are very slow - so I would suggest for the time being as suggested by Esther, change the numbers.  0 the woodcutters in the Town Hall or Professions menu and add them all to the Builders.

The other images show the complete timeline.

Please let us know how your builders work out [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

ps:  All the credit to Esther on this, I just added pictures :D

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59339cf1c66ea_201706041-4.thumb.jpg.e8452135c58befaa81ce7c2224fb162e.jpg[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/59339cf63bbcc_201706045-6.thumb.jpg.cc28144fac9fedf409476128d2a1256d.jpg[/img]

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="9529" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/9529-queryeverything/">@QueryEverything</a> and <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a> if you look closely at the picture by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12487-shotdead/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12487" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12487-shotdead/">@ShotDead</a> then the UI is calling for wood choppers not builders, it is the wood cutter's icon there not the builder's icon. I think this particular instance bugged perhaps if you demolish it almost instantly as it finished building? I don't now if there is much you can do apart from checking you have enough laborers to pick up supplies.

First of all thanks to everyone for responding

[Image: 22298a510c8e8b6db6d32cf9a3069a9a.jpg]

In the above screenshot, I have 10 Builders, 10 Woodcutters, 0 jobs for my builders, and the woodcutters that are supposed to be assigned to it are idle

None of my laborers have even attempted to empty it in the 20 odd years its been here, have plenty of storage

Quote:
2 hours ago, Necora said:

I think this particular instance bugged perhaps if you demolish it almost instantly as it finished building?

I think your right, its ok I guess ill just stick some deco round it make it look all abandoned like [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" /> 

Quote:
6 hours ago, ShotDead said:

I think your right, its ok I guess ill just stick some deco round it make it look all abandoned like [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" style="font-size:inherit;" title=":P" width="20" /> 

Way to make the best of a bad situation!

I'm not sure what causes it but it has happened to me before where the UI got its wires crossed. Nothing you can do really but set your auto save to 5 minutes.

What a shame it wasn't repairable. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

But, I agree with Necora, about making the best out of a bad situation [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

If anyone reads this and is able to reproduce the problem, please definitely post, the more people who can confirm a big, hopefully the more data for the bug stompers to squish it, if possible on the next update. 

If you're looking to add to your river decor <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12487-shotdead/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="12487" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/12487-shotdead/">@ShotDead</a> , <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6338" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6338-discrepancy/">@Discrepancy</a> has in his DSSV Jetty set a wood searcher, and when it runs out becomes derelict (2 versions), and if you attempt to demolish it, before it runs out, it becomes derelict too - by design.  This way you can build a story around the area, the great River Fire, or the great River Flood - what ever [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />  

Damn .... and my awesome new photoshop skills were for naught!  Oh well, learning curve for next time [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> hahaha

Hello. New guy here. I think i have this problem too, mine is with the 1x3 dock walkway. It happened when i click delete the blueprint while it still have wood resource in them but not enough to finish the building(because the walkway has 0 work i think, so enough wood would naturally make it instantly pop up) Now after i deleted it, the walkway shows remaining resource that have to be haul out but with a window of a usually finished building. ie. No assignable builder tab on the header. I can't use delete tool on it again as it is 'in the process' of deletion but i also can't use cancel deletion either. Though it shows up as red when i hover over them but actually use cancel deletion on it do nothing.