Banished doesn't work since installing CC

Hi,

Don't know if this is the place to ask this but here goes. I've been playing the base game of Banished a while (100+ hours) and finally decided to try a mod; after looking through them I settled on <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. Pretty sure it was version 1.71, but don't quote me on that. I didn't grasp I needed to start a new game file and attempted to enable it from within one of my saved game files; the game went to a completely black screen with zero graphics. Okay, fine, clearly not meant to be done from a saved game, no worries. So I closed the program, restarted, and from the start menu enabled the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mod, intending to start a new game.

The instant I set the mod to enabled, the game went to the same completely black screen. Kind of frustrating, but okay, maybe my system just can't handle <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> for some reason. I uninstalled Banished and downloaded it fresh again from Steam. Started it up.

Now it goes straight to the black screen on startup; I never even get the Shining Rock logo or any of the other pre-game loading screens. I never get to the menu to have the option to disable the mod.

Soo.... I'd like to be able to play Banished again? How can I remove <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> if I can't get to the base menu?

ETA: Paeng was right, it was just a loooong load time. I let the computer run for about ten minutes and it got to the start menu alright, so I can now enable/disable as needed. Thanks for the help, no further answers needed.

Well, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> is more than a gigabyte - a black screen could just mean the game is still loading... depending on your system it can take quite some time - some reports say 15 minutes or more... specially if you are using DX9, load times can be extreme long.

Good to know that it might just be the load time. Still, I don't want to wait out that load time if that's what it is. So, I'd still like to know if there's some way to disable the mod short of the actual menu in-game?

One thing to try is to use DX11 - makes load time really short...

Else I have seen reports that you can tab out of the game, then back in... mainly this may work with DX9...

Hey <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/17431-dalcyone/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="17431" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/17431-dalcyone/">@Dalcyone</a> !

when you get the blackscreen and dont want to wait that 10-15mins....  ALT TAB and surf during that time. alot of people when they do that, they reduce and shrink that wait time by 90% !

when you alt tab during the blackscreen , the blackscreen only last like for 50 secs. Note for a couple of people, it doesnt work but most people it drastically works.