Help with Gatherers

I am struggling to get enough stone and iron ore. The map is the Jungle <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> - Shipwrecked - El Dorado. After the stone finder and iron finder buildings finished building, they had the standard question mark icon above them. I assigned people to work in the buildings, but the question mark doesn't go away. Also, the buildings do not gather any additional resources. I have 2 gatherers tied up not doing anything and no resources to show for it. I just downloaded <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> - Journey from Steam and reinstalled Banished after taking a break for several years. Both versions should be up to date. Please help. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Hmmm... if they keep showing the "?", check if you have assigned the right kind of worker...

When the buildings are turned on it adds extra gatherers. I do have a gatherer's hut so it goes from 4 to 6 with both buildings. I add gatherers and within 30 seconds they go back to the "?". There is even a stock pile by both buildings to all for workers to store the resources.

You may need to reduce the number of gatherers allowed at your Gatherer's Huts so the extra Gatherers go to the right buildings.

same thing happens with foundry and small blacksmiths. foundry can have up to 6 workers (i think), and starts with default 3 or 4 (i think.) so suddenly no one is making tools because the small blacksmith worker has left for the foundry. you have to set foundry staff to smaller number, or stop it working until you have enough folks.

same with large pastures, if you have a huge sheep yard and set the staff number to 5 or 6 folks tending, while also building domesticated animal pens that only have a staff of one, they will fill the pasture first, or you can lower the larger staff number until you get more folks available to assign.

hope that makes sense?

took me a while to figure out that water well workers are under the market vendor category, so the huge urban market that i set a staff of 12 for, kept taking all available workers, and the wells went without...