Pastures bugging out

This is for banished with 1.75 <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr>.

Somehow the pastures don't work properly. Many animals move to the bottom left corner and stay there forever. It seems, that all animals that need to be slaughtered go there, so the herdsman walk from all over the map in bottom left corner to slaughter one animal, if they even make it there, before getting hungry, cold, etc.

Any ideas how to make the animals stay in their pasture?

Screenshot attached with idling animals.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_06/595653bc742b0_animalcluster.thumb.jpg.ca6c4258ac03ad460125112082b980f4.jpg[/img]

Never seen this before.  Not sure this will fix it, but it looks like you are still using Banished 1.0.6. You need to use Banished Beta 1.0.7 with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75.

It is solved now! Updated to Banished Beta 1.0.7 for good measures, even though it wasn't the culprit. The problem seemed to be related to the slope conforming pastures. I had built a ton of slope conforming pastures on mountains right at the edge of the map, due to lack of space. The more mountainous, the more animals left the pasture to wait in that corner.

Thanks for the help [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

Glad you worked it out!  I've added a link to this issue to the Wiki entry for Slope Conforming Pastures.

I encountered the same problem a few days ago: with slope conforming pastures, and animals walking down to the bottom left corner of the map, then people freezing or starving to death when they tried to collect the resources. It was quite frustrating, to say the least...

I figured out it was a problem with a mod, because that was the only thing I had changed recently. In my case at least, it was the "More stable populations" mod (v. 1.0.4B), which was placed underneath the MegaMod (v. 8 RC3). Banished is version 1.0.7 build 170910, Windows 10. 

After disabling that mod, I've run a game now with two 30x30 slope conforming pastures with beef cows, and it seems to be working fine now at full pasture capacity. The strange thing is, I had both MegaMod and More stable populations installed on a previous copy of the game (my old computer, ~2 months ago), and it worked fine together. That should've been the same versions of Banished and the mods, but it was on Windows 7.

Anyway, thought I'd post this in case anyone else has the same issue, as I found this thread before I had found a fix.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_01/Untitled.thumb.jpg.92e6ab79d65aceb3817c86da2d35cab8.jpg[/img]

Actually, I think the problem is with Slope Conforming Pastures. Red Ketchup suggested that you always make sure the shelter part of the pasture is on flat ground.

Well I tested a variety of Slope Conforming Pastures, and it hasn't resulted in the previous problem. See attached picture for an example, none of which are on flat ground.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2019_01/Untitled.thumb.jpg.5a47cd5b7b73f70ea0222926e77495a6.jpg[/img]