Laborers not picking up crops left by farmers?!

Hey guys, I have a 400 population town and set my farmers to allow laborers to take the harvest to storage. It worked for a season then it stopped. The farmers just leave a crap load of harvest on the field and none of my laborers are doing anything. they just idle or walk around town. I have about 30 Laborers for the job but no one is working. I'm playing on the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> (Colonial Chareter) modd. I have plenty of houses and two boarding houses that are empty. Food resource limits are nowhere near maxed out. So I'm hoping someone here has gotten the same problem and figured out a solution. Any help would be great! I'm addicted to this game but this thing is killing me. 

Hiya <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/17933-sky777/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="17933" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/17933-sky777/">@sky777</a>

A couple of questions, yes may sound silly, but sometimes they can help [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

What Banished are you running?

What <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> / <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> are you running?

If running <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>, are you running the compatibility mod?

Are you running in 'pick up' mods?  Mods that are designed for the farmers or the laborers to pickup the produce instead of the other?

Something like this: 
https://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/293-Pick-Me-Up

Do you have enough storage available for the right crop?

Some crops may be a grain, corn will be put in grain, or general food; etc

If you don't have the Pick me Up mod, it may be worth having a go with it.

To install:

• Exit game

• Navigate to your Banished/WinData folder

• drop the .pkm file in

• run Banished

• go to the Mods menu

• Enable the Pick Me Up mod (I make sure it's near the top of my mods)

• Press OK (wait for game to reload)

• EXIT the game entirely (important)

• run Banished

• Start a new game.

If you are going to use an existing map:

• As above until "Start a new game."

• run Banished

• Open existing map

• go to Mods menu (in the map, do no exit map)

• Enable the mod in the map

• Press OK (wait for the game to reload)

• Go to the save menu, save a new location (do not overwrite the old save)

• Play the map, check the farmers, make sure it's working.

- If it's not working, test on a new map to see if it is; if it is, then it may be that it doesn't work in saved maps, you may need to do a full reload (as above) but in the saved map,

so - load the map, enable the mod, save the map, exit Banished, load the game, load the map

Please let us know how you go [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Hey QE,

Thanks for the reply. 

Not using <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>. I think I have the 1.07V of the base game and the 1.75 <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> version. 

No, I'm not running that mod. Can I run that with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>? I'll give the mod a try and see what happen.

I should have enough space. I got a few storage barns, root storages, and grain silos. I'll try building more and see if that is the issue. 

Thanks for the help. I know someone else on Reddit with this problem and both have been trying to figure a way around it. 

Hiya <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/17933-sky777/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="17933" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/17933-sky777/">@sky777</a> you should be able to run the mod without a problem, I have mine above the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> mod, so it's near the top of the mod list.

Sounds like you should definitely have enough storage, just make sure they aren't full, if they are just add some more, or add a resource specific market to clear that storage area up. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Please let us know how you get on with that mod.  

If you're not the only one, then it may very well be a bug with Banished - but I don't run Vanilla, and I do use the Pick Up mod, so I don't know for sure. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />  But then, that's why the mod is there [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> and it works perfectly on my system, the fields are cleared as they go every season. 

Hey QE,

Adding the Pick Me up mods still won't work. It worked again once I slowed it down to 2x speed during the harvesting season, but it stopped again once I hit about 1000 population. 

I'll just resort to adding more farmers to my field to help harvest. 

Thanks for the help

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/17933-sky777/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="17933" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/17933-sky777/">@sky777</a> I've been chatting with another player and since they upgraded to 1.0.7 their Bannies haven't been idling correctly, and their laborers haven't been correctly picking up resources, nor clearing land.

I wonder if there is any connection between the mods you're both running (they post over on World of Banished) - but, I think it may be worth posting over on the main Banished forum as an actual 'Bug' and seeing if there is any other feedback. 

It may be a mod issue - somewhere there is a conflict, but I haven't noticed anything since I've updated - and not all bugs present themselves in the same way.

This is where I've been chatting with Twilightbreeze over on WorldofBanished, and suggested they post over on the main Banished forums.  I will post and ask if they have, and what their link is, so that I can post it here and others can then link into that - and we can keep all feedback together for Luke to read.  

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?top...;topicseen