I Offer You This Flower

I don't understand flowers. the seeds, when offered by traders are crazy expensive (see screen snips.) but if a trader has the actual flower, it usually has only one, and it's usually only worth 2 units.

i would just plant a crop and see what happens, but they also don't seem to ever be the default start crop, at least for me. (and i start a lot of maps, usually 5-10 maps before i settle on one that gives me the stuff i like best... plus i almost always start a new town every time i play, so i am checking/rejecting maps every time.)

by the time i can afford flower seeds at a trade post, i mostly don't want them as much as i want other items...

do flowers work in the greenhouse? it would be incredible - and worth the expense - if i could pay 35,000 for jatropha seeds, grow them, add their flowers to the greenhouse, and generate seeds in turn to sell back at trade post. why, i'd be rich, i tell you!

apart from native artifacts, seeds are the most valuable trade items. i didn't think there was a way to produce them, though.     ...is there?

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/jatropha.JPG.1656a1abe2ab39799452210e0fb6d950.JPG[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/rose.JPG.f68df8921dd9f9ffdc48f061c4459db0.JPG[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/greenhouse.JPG.0fbca332dfa353946b990cc2c6d8b207.JPG[/img]

This a problem from the mod maker for those flowers. At the moment all the flowers that the Idle Work Team made, except for the Violet, are crazy expensive and I think it's a simple mistake that they haven't realized. I think the seed price was meant to be 3500 or 3000 etc. etc. but they accidentally added an extra zero when they made the mods. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

I don't know of any way that anyone can correct that and the Idle Work Team don't seem to be particularly active on the Steam Workshop so it looks like they aren't doing very much for Banished anymore. It's a real shame because from what I remember, the flowers were meant to be part of a production chain to make perfumes and some other items. The proper production chain and the correct prices are probably in their Idle Core mod but that mod changes all your language options to Chinese and so it's not much help to us... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" /> [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />

EDIT: A question for the modders... we all know that one mod can affect another mod, which is why we have a mod load order etc. etc. and I know (because I am using it!) that the zWasabi mod was altered by I think Discrepancy with a mod he made to change the name back to Wasabi so...

Would it be possible to make a mod to change the price of these flowers from 35000 to 3500 and 30000 to 3000? Unfortunately the three flowers don't seem to be availalbe as one mod, the versions I have requires a separate mod for all three flowers (i.e one mod is for the camelia, one mod is the rose and the last mod is for the Jatropha integerrima)

I have often wondered about these flowers and I have bought tulips, violets, camelias and the jatophra thingy but I have not planted them yet because I am just trying to concentrate on getting my enormous population fed. Since there is no perfume option without knowledge of Chinese- now I'm wondering if it was worth it? Or is it that you can eat them? I just noticed Nightghost 49 "tinning tulips" on his Nomadia 2 YouTube series!?!? 

The Tulips from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> are edible and considered veggies. Not sure about the Violets, Camellias or Jatropha thingies that are part of MegaMod, I'm guessing that they are veggies too. 

Quote:
14 hours ago, estherhb said:

The Tulips from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> are edible and considered veggies. Not sure about the Violets, Camellias or Jatropha thingies that are part of MegaMod, I'm guessing that they are veggies too. 

Then I will go ahead and plant them and see what happens, if they are food then it's all the more variety but if they just become storage fillers and trade items, I might just write them off as a bad investment- or use them as decorative annual beds in the government section gardens or something.

I had the same questions, so if anyone wants to know the answers I did some planting. I bought the rose seeds and planted 2 11x11 crops. I only ended up with 150 roses out of the whole thing, which sold for 2 units each. So basically, it's not worth the price. I was hoping they had some use and you could make something out of them but it appears it's just food, which is too bad. I bought the jatropha seeds honestly just for the novelty of it and I haven't planted them but I will try. I'm anticipating the same result. IMO the seeds should be worth the same as other standard seeds. They may sell for two what other crops sell for but they produce MUCH fewer items so it balances out. Hopefully there is a fix for this in the future.