Negative Bootlegger ressources Bug

Bootleggers were working fine for a while, then their whole inventory swapped and turned the Silver Pfennig negative, so now they don't produce anything at all. Any ideas?

Mods on 1.07 banished beta:

<abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> Series (Clay & Canal)

Maritimes (Dock Set & Fisheries)

1.07 fix

1.75 <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr>

0.7 <abbr title="MegaMod">mm</abbr>

0.7 <abbr title="MegaMod">mm</abbr> deco

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_07/20170709131039_1.thumb.jpg.805771f8ab70e6755240063f6c8926a6.jpg[/img]

How many Silver Pfennigs do you actually have in your town inventory? Your screenshot shows that you have 216 units of the 'Precious' resource but how many of those units are Silver Pfennigs?

Normally it should work like this: - the Bootleggers are paid in Silver Pfennigs to supply the town. If you have run out of Silver Pfennigs then the Bootleggers are not getting paid the money they want and so they will not supply the town with anything. So if you run out of money, the Bootleggers would normally give you nothing in return.

Your list of mods is small so while it could be a problem with the load order, you indicated that the Bootleggers were working well before and then they stopped and the money went into the negatives. I don't recall seeing the money turn to negatives whenever I've run out of Silver Pfennigs, I'm not sure what would cause that because I would have expected the Bootleggers to simply stop working when the supply of money runs out.

I think that this is something the Modders might need to examine [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wacko.png[/img]/emoticons/wacko@2x.png 2x" title=":S" width="20" />

EDIT (some hours later): After running my current map until I ran out of Pfennigs in the town stores I have found my Bootlegger has now gone to -2 Pfennigs. I think what is happening is that the Bootlegger supplied resources of whatever value and that the delivery of Pfennigs for payment to the Bootlegger has been delayed because I have no Pfennigs in stock. So the town currently has a debt to the Bootlegger and owes the Bootlegger 2 Pfennigs because the Bootlegger already supplied the resources and they were taken by the workers and put into the town stores.

I am inclined to think that this is normal behaviour. Originally I was just buying Silver Pfennigs from the traders and when that stock ran out the Bootlegger went to -2 Pfennings. After I built a Melting House and Precious Mine to produce more Pfennigs, the Bootlegger increased to 38 Pfennigs in her stock and began supplying goods again to the town. I'd still like to hear what the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Modders have to say about it though.

That seems a reasonable explanation.

The town has no more silver pfennig atm, but they are getting produced at the melthouse. Currently, whenever the bootlegger gets some silver pfennig, the amount decreases, atm it's at -400 (from originally -500). So 100 silver pfennig are already paid back.

Major debt payback [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/blink.png[/img]/emoticons/blink@2x.png 2x" title="O.o" width="20" />

ha !! i didnt know we could setup a nation debt system !!

Yes indeed <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18037-banishedused/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="18037" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/18037-banishedused/">@banished&Used</a>, that's quite some debt you got! Still, with a Melting House producing Pfennigs it should get paid off fairly quickly and your experience confirms what I was seeing in my settlement.

What I am wondering now, is how much of any given resource will the Bootleggers supply? I am pretty sure that what they supply is determined by a random chart and I have seen my own Bootlegger supply the more expensive clothes so I know that they will supply some expensive items but that doesn't indicate how many items they would supply. My bootlegger stopped supplying anything at just -2 Pfennigs but one of yours let the debt get to -500.

If nothing else it shows just how much variation is possible between games. To clarify that statement, my town also had a population of around 430 adults but a student population of about 30 and a child population of approximately 60 so it's somewhat similar to yours. However I have a much greater food reserve at the moment (around 110,000 units stored) and my other resources are stored almost to the limits that I have set for them. So... that makes me wonder if the Bootlegger is more active than simply just supplying some random resource?

I don't make use of the Bootlegger or Smuggler that much, I often have just one example of each and I build them after the town's food supply is well taken care of. So what I am thinking now is "Does the Bootlegger supply more resources to a town that has very few of a given resource?" That is to say, does the Bootlegger (and Smuggler) react to the quantities of resources you have in storage and if you don't have many, does it supply a larger amount? That's about the only explanation I can think of for your town owing the Bootlegger so much money before it stopped supplying anything where as my Bootlegger was only supplying small amounts and stopped delivering anything when I reached -2 Pfennigs.

Again, I'd love to hear what the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> devs have to say about this. If the Bootlegger & Smuggler supply more resources when a town is resource poor and then slow down the amount of resources supplied if the town has an abundance of that resource, it's a really great mechanic and a fantastic example of how creative & clever the Modders can be.