Random Ideas

I'm enjoying so much playing with your mods that I wanted to give back something, so I sat here and tried to come up with ideas for you, so here's a few themes and random thoughts:

Italian Extravaganza: focussed on the Renaissance period for production (so you can link it to your marble quarry and statues) and  the Toscana for residential (tiles), there could be an easy++ climate based on the upper mediterranean coastline with temperatures from 10 to 30C, olive oil, wich could be used for more food or by herbologist to increase health and wine, with longer production times for better price on trade. Also: pizza. I like pizza.

Imperial Archeologists: there could be large unusable buildings around the map and you'd have to use the interaction 'send to British Museum' to remove them. The buildings would be taking a lot of space, meaning there wouldn't be large forests or space for agriculture, and they would force the bannies to walk longer distances to get there, which would make it a hard setting, even more so if a port is required to be able to remove them.

Ice Age: hunt for mammoth and wear their fur, the lakes are frozen and you could make holes in the ice to fish (I don't know if that's possible)

Post-Apocalyptic World: if it can be done, an extreme climate with very high and unpredictable raises and drops in temperature that would keep anything from growing, very scarce trees but a lot of stone to compensate and a building (a mine or a spaceship) were you can get a material specific to the setting to build greenhouses were you can plant crops or grow forests. Until then, you'd have to rely on three-eyed fishes.

Hot: need water when it gets hot to avoid death by dehydratation like you need firewood when it gets cold to keep from freezing.

I've seen requests for culture both here and in WoB, so here's another idea: I don't know if that's even possible, but culture could be a new type of food (or several), meaning you'd need it to reach full health.

Aaand that's it, I'm out of ideas [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/laugh@2x.png 2x" title="xD" width="20" /> You guys do such amazing work, I thought the least I could do was seat here a couple of hours and try to be creative for you [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

Need more variables to deal with. Citizen personalities(ex: which might change idling rates or production etc.),  land value (which will directly effect residental happiness), sessional crops(grape on warmer sessions - orange on winter session), justice system(like stronghold 2s justice system).... We can add many things to this game, this game has great potential!

Sorry, but the developer didn't give modders the ability to mod any of those suggestions.  There is only one growing season, however some crops do better in harsh climates than others.

With the hunting blind, I've acquired a lot of duck meat and with the ship I've started getting whale and seal meat, as well as lobster. My town also has crayfish, mussels, oysters and lots of chicken meat... Thing is, there's not a whole lot to do with these items. There are butcher stalls for beef cows, bison, deer, horses, llama, pigs and sheep, but no duck, chicken, whale or seal meat butchers. Also, unless I just haven't gotten that far into the myriad of buildings and shops <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> has to offer, there are pub house options that make pub meals with several of the meats, but none with whale, seal, lobster or duck. The salt house and smoke house don't have options for those, either.

Also, idea... Is there a way that we could choose to have resources stored in the proper warehouse / storage areas until they are full before it goes into a "holds anything" storage area?

Love the flatten terrain tool, is there a way to implement a raise terrain and lower terrain tool?

Cemetery Idea... Pretty sure it can't be done, but just in case... Mouse over headstones would give you the person's name and the year they were born and died. If that's not possible, would a log of this be possible. Basically, just a recorded history of the citizen's name with the year they were born (If citizen was an original settler it would have a zero for birth year) and the year they died? (Example below)

• Heywoody 0 - 8

• Aaziryah 3 - 12

• <font color="#000000"><b>Donel 3 - 14</b></font>

I had more ideas, but sleepiness is -not- a good memory booster. Should I recall I will just edit this post.

Thanks for indulging a woman with an OCD for detail.
*Smiles cheesily*

Duck meat can be used by the Preservist to make Potted Meat (but I think it costs too much to produce). Duck and Seal meat can also be made into Tinned Meat at the Meat Tinnery. Adding more recipes is something that could be considered in the future.

There isn't a way to make sure stored items go into the specialized storage areas instead of general storage areas. The best way to encourage it is to put the specialized storage area right next to the producer. When you 1st build it, it will take a while for workers to start to use it (the "pathing" in the game has to catch up).

There is a tool that can raise and lower terrain in Kralyerg's Kave and in the new <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Terrain Tools. Be sure to save your game before using it as the results aren't always what you want.

Re Cemeteries:  You're right. It can't be done. (But it would be pretty cool if it could.)