Modular question

With the coming of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> modular, will iron ore as a primary resource be a standalone or part of a industrial package along with other, minable resources? My suggestion is that, since it replaces iron as a surface resource it should be a standalone. What say you Kral?

I'm not 100% sure.  My initial thought is that people who only want to use a single part of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> are deciding not to use full <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> for a reason, so I shouldn't force them to use an aspect of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> that they didn't choose (within a single mod pack).  In the Dock Set, for instance: in the Dock Workshop in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>, it uses Iron Ore to create Rough Tools.  But in the standalone set, the Dock Workshop uses Iron to make Iron Tools.  I didn't want to force someone using the Dock Set standalone to also use the Iron Ore aspect of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

Except for some of the themed sets, I haven't figured out exactly what is going where and what things will look like. It's still all in a state of flux.

I'll see what I can come up with to help.  I have a whole lot of time on my hands as we just went through Hurricane Irma and won't have electricity back until at least Friday. So I am out of work for a few more days. 

will the blacksmith mod still over ride the dock update to iron and alow us to make tools from the iron ore? though there are players who don't like the extra step the iron ore is more historically accurate.i would opt for a choice which the iron as iron mod already does.

It should. The blacksmith tools mod is self contained, so it should override the dock set and give you the iron ore option.