Issue with blank menu items/ missing icons

Hi there,

I've tried to find something about this online and haven't had any luck, so I'm hoping someone here can help. I keep running into an issue where I am missing icons in toolbars. Instead of an icon, there's a little gray square. When I click on the square, my game sometimes crashes. I just tried again and the icon worked, even though there's nothing to show what it's supposed to do.

This has happened with previous versions but it hasn't bothered me enough to look for help until now. I'm currently running 1.07 beta, with <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>:J, megamod (main and deco) and the megamod compatibility patch. I've also got a... few... other mods, most of which are additional buildings, fences, and decoration.

I've attached screenshots of some of the toolbars, along with a screenshot listing my mods. The game is stable, it's just missing icons. Any ideas?

Thank you!

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33bfb0bf5f_Storagestoragecellars.png.a2733c9451e0e175e99767e9a6839e7f.png" data-fileid="2805">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33bfb0bf5f_Storagestoragecellars.png.a2733c9451e0e175e99767e9a6839e7f.png[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33bfbc3d3b_Storagestockpiles.png.892d7372691c9a68e508031eb772032d.png" data-fileid="2806">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33bfbc3d3b_Storagestockpiles.png.892d7372691c9a68e508031eb772032d.png[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33bfc88c7e_Decowildtrees.png.c9c3ad2d0b925e5e7c0b078be1963b40.png" data-fileid="2807">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33bfc88c7e_Decowildtrees.png.c9c3ad2d0b925e5e7c0b078be1963b40.png[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33bfd6126d_DecoDSfencestownstonewall.png.bf1925fb0f08e6947275bd1763796298.png" data-fileid="2808">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33bfd6126d_DecoDSfencestownstonewall.png.bf1925fb0f08e6947275bd1763796298.png[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33c0241b30_CommunityEBhouses.PNG.c87db4f12e3498d6400bcb5fc09d2678.PNG" data-fileid="2809">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33c0241b30_CommunityEBhouses.PNG.c87db4f12e3498d6400bcb5fc09d2678.PNG[/img]</a>

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33c02ed9c2_Currentmods.PNG.a7c79c560c72c4eae5e7c9be47bb1fba.PNG" data-fileid="2810">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2017_09/59c33c02ed9c2_Currentmods.PNG.a7c79c560c72c4eae5e7c9be47bb1fba.PNG[/img]</a>

This is being caused by one or more of the mods you've added and/or the order you have them in the game's mod list.

Make sure you have these mods in this order:

• Compatibility Mod 1.0.7

• <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75

• <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> .07

• <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> .07 Deco

Make sure you are using the most recent version of Banished 1.0.7.  The final was recently released on 9/13. (I use Steam which automatically gives me the current version since I've OK'd beta versions, so I'm not much help here if you use a different version.  If you need it, there is a patch available at ShiningRockSoftware.com if you need to upgrade from 1.0.6. I don't think you need to keep the other patches but just in case move them to another file.)

So then begins the task of determining which mod(s) causes these issues.  I would start by unchecking the SeasonsFX mod, all of the Maritimes mods and the elfStorageCarts. As always, when adding or deleting mods, exit the game completely; then go back in , verify these are unchecked, and start a new game to see if the problems are still there.

If this isn't the fix, you may need to start with the 4 <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>/<abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> mods and add a few mods at a time. I play with a lot of the mods you are using (mostly ones from WorldofBanished.com and the Japanese Houses) and they work just fine together.

Let us know how it goes.

you have more than 1 issue. step 1 make sure you don't have a mod that includes another mod. this will cause dots.some mods compile others into 1.as for icons under the community icon,you want to re-organize the order so the newest mod from each developer is highest in their group.this helps solve these issues but is not foolproof.after that it does become trial and error and shuffling mod order. 1 other thing that might help is to locate and load the original compatability buildings mod.this pre-dates the 1.07 and goes below <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>. it does help fix issues with older mods.you should also check to see if the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> requires <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> to work or if it is included.the newer version might be different.

Thanks for the suggestions. I should have some time tomorrow evening to play with the mod orders and see if I can get it to work. I had some crashing issues before this game that ended up being caused by mods which I installed but were part of the megamod already (oops). At least it's not crashing anymore!

I'll report back ... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

You can also remove all the *.rsc and *.sub files... they're not harmful but just bloat your mod listing :-)

Good... well, morning now I guess. Thanks again for all the suggestions. While I haven't managed to fix everything, I've been able to correct the most irritating dot issues. For anyone who may be having the same issues, here's what I did and what is still an issue:

- Reordered <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> and megamods as suggested

- Opted out of 1.07 beta so I'm running the regular updated version of Banished now

- Double checked to make sure I was using the current version of Colonial Charter:Journey.

- Deleted rsc & sub files (I had no idea these weren't required!)

- Deleted SeasonsFX since I've not used it in a while

- Checked mods for duplicates. Found that I had two versions of EB Loghouses - disabled older version - fixed issue!

--------

Now here's what's still going on:

- EB town services - still have a dot but clicking it brings up the above-ground irrigation canals instead of more dots, so good enough

- Still have dots on Decorations --> DS fences --> 3rd town stone wall option. I think this may be a megamod deco issue, since DS Fences & Decorations is included in the deco mod. I'm not sure what I have installed that would interfere with one of the stone walls and not the other two in the same set.

- There is still have a dot in transparent stockpiles between iron & materials. Not a big issue since I don't usually use material-specific stockpiles, just moderately irritating.

--------

Thanks again for the help! Now... to finish fencing in those critters... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

the seasonFX mod doesn't do much but doesn't cause issues.i use it to give different texture to the crop fields.EB's irrigation icon has been problematic. you can check on WOB or try putting it below his other mods.there are several versions of that mod.the decoration mods i would recommend trying the compoatable buildings mod. search under WOB home page.there is a linkk from KRAY for it.if you have DS stockpiles that might be causing the icon issue there.try using any stockpile mods above <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> including more wood,UI mods,etc.once you have the icons fixed. try checking my post @WOB under tricks for help with mod orders.never hurts to double check things before starting a game to be safe.