Help and Thoughts

I just started settling things in my head on how the game works and now I have to rethink everything.  *wink*  Actually it's not a complaint but a HUGE thanks to everyone for all their hard work and dedication to this wonderful game.  Modding extended the life and realism of this game, so great job and thanks again!

After I get two forest hubs and dense forest up and running and fully staffed I move to my other tasks.  At this stage I usually try to think about trade so I can get new things from a trader.  (By the way, I LOVE the new trade buildings!)  And here's where I'm stuck.

In .06 I used the gatherers to gather flax and oats in the forest hub but my dim light bulb finally realized that this resource was no longer gathered so I tested and built a flax and oats gatherer but still nothing.  I used flax and oats to bolster trade through linen and domesticated animals.  If we shouldn't be able to collect oats and flax then why have these in the menu?  Or am I missing something?  Suggestions for first trades?  Perhaps thinking like vanilla Banished should I chop wood until I can get what I want?

Still struggling in the new version learning curve.  It baffled me until I realized these mods basically combine Journey and MegaMod but it's still my decision to go where I want with so many optional buildings that essentially do the same thing (i.e., the windmills all grind grains into flours but I can decide which ones I want).

Thanks for helping me think this through.  - Don

welcome to bannished. yes, play style constantly changes with soo many mods added.it can be challenging and fun both.every person can design their own game. the problem you refer to i am not sure oats was a part of <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> before. however there is the new flora mod @ WOB that does give thiose options.NECORA's pine forest mod also adds the flax and gives many other options.be advised mods can make the gamer easier or harder depending on what you use and how you play them. if you concentrate on processing food the yields will be less since it takes more food in to produce out. say flour takes x amount of grain to produce 1 flour.i don't use the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>,always perfer to mess with the load order myself. i also figured the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> would have issues trying to mix so many different mods into 1.plus i feel i have more control by adding mods myself. there is the new compatability 1.07 mod that you may need to add to get some things to function better.

as for trading it is  a players preference. many use logs and firewood.some like to process and trade higher grade food.i used to trade stone since the value is so high.now i trade clothing. at the game start i adjust the limits up on clothing and tools and firewood. this saves me running out of tools and will build coats to trade. since i have RED's training camp, hunting towers bring me furs as well as the leather.the pine mod gives pelts for coats as well from the trapper.you can also trade furniture if yopu have enough logs or try candles from beeswax. as i say there is many options.

have you checked out WOB  world of bannished  ???there is a ton of mods there.greenhouses,wildwest set,<abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr>,canals,ertc. did you try the mini mod set? it has a small town hall that will bring nomads to grow the towns faster as well.

Oats and flax were part of .06, I believe, collected by the gatherers or there was the flax and oats buildings that collected them in the forest node.  (Logically, why have the oat and flax gatherer icons if they do nothing.  I tried them out in game before and, since the gatherers already collected them why do double duty?)  Anyway, I found the work-around for my situations.  My biggest concern was collecting enough goods to sell the more expensive items to the trader.  I didn't chop wood but first had a extra foods collected in the forests plus added a few more deer hunters around the map which made leather jackets. Plus I found that duck hunting and feathers along with reeds made a good deal of survival coats.  Problem solved.  I'm extremely cautious about enabling mods because some have actually "broken" the game and ruined my enjoyment.  In other words, problems solved but I just wanted anyone aware of my own discoveries.  Thanks for listening!  Awesome work!

so the new flora mod was already added to the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr>.that explains it.not sure why it doesn't work. i do know the compatibility 1.07 was made for that reason by <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> crew/i understand your hesitation on adding mods. the mod order can be picky and take some getting used to. where the <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> gives you a select list of mods all tied in 1 package ,adding the mods yourself gives more options.in time as <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> becomes less invloved with the game adding the mods ourselves will be needed.glad to hear yu found a solution for now.as it has gotten quieter lately,i don't check in here as often but i do check WOB every day.