[Help] Running out of tools, but cant build a blacksmith

Hi, 

Im new play Banished and <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr>, really enjoyed using <abbr title="Colonial Charter">cc</abbr> because give me more profesion and new building than vanilla version. 

Really enjoyed playing this game until year 3, i running out of tools, and i tried build a blacksmith but it stuck. Because the build icon says 90,what means of that 90? So, must i build 90 things before i able to build a blacksmith? 

[Image: DPpuXJmUMAAq-BC.jpg:large] 

Regards, 

Snthe

The problems is you only have 9 of the 55 Stone it takes and only 2 left in a stockpile somewhere. You need to go gather more stone. 90 is the amount of work it takes which sort of tells you how many swings of the hammer a builder will need to take.  

you also have 1 laborer to 4 builders. the builders will help the laborer but be slower. i'd set it to 1 builder and 4 laborers. send them to clear land so you have stone and logs built back up.it will take a while since they will be slower now that you ran out of tools.usualy at start i use the mini mod and the workshot that can be used to make tools or coats.for a quick start ,the mini mod has several buildings that can be made easier.

Thanks for the answers <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6-estherhb/">@estherhb</a>and <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="8298" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/8298-stiles/">@stiles</a>[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

I have another problem, i build stone gatherer, but on worker status i see 0 of 1 not like other buildings, and set 1 worker to work here. And question mark always appear on building and my worker doesnt come. How to handle this? Is location of stone gatherer affected the worker? 

Different buildings share the same worker type.  I have never used the stone gatherer but I am going to guess that it may use the "gatherer" profession.  If that is the case, check your food gatherer and see if their is now an extra person there.  By default the person hired will go to whichever building has the higher number of empty jobs.  So if a stone gatherer is 0 of 1 job open and the food gatherer is 2 of 4 jobs, the gatherer that you tried to hire for the stone gatherer will go to the food gatherer.

Quote:
10 minutes ago, CaptVader said:

Different buildings share the same worker type.  I have never used the stone gatherer but I am going to guess that it may use the "gatherer" profession.  If that is the case, check your food gatherer and see if their is now an extra person there.  By default the person hired will go to whichever building has the higher number of empty jobs.  So if a stone gatherer is 0 of 1 job open and the food gatherer is 2 of 4 jobs, the gatherer that you tried to hire for the stone gatherer will go to the food gatherer.

Ah, yeah i think my worker assigned on stone gatherer building go to food gatherer, because i set it to 2 of 4 on there. 

I build stone gatherer because i think it may easy to gatherer stone. My village running out of stone. 

Thanks mate [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" title=":D" width="20" />

-------

Is it possible to make all of resource, food etc showing up on window like on top right of my screen (forget that window name)? 

when i build new buildings and set the 1st worker,i turn the allowed worker numbers down. otherwise they will do that. then you have to hunt them down. when a mine is being upgraded to make it dig deeper, i leave the miners alone. they will work as laborers until the mine is ready.then they will go mine automatically. the now-upgraded mine will have a higher allowed worker number though. in which case it can steal other miners from a different mine. the limits can be used to control  workplaces better than turning off workers since it is easy to forget to turn them back on. when a tailor or blacksmith,etc hits the limit,he goes work as a laborer automatically.he will go back to keep making tools,etc when they are needed.this saves running out and then realizing why.

Quote:
2 hours ago, stiles said:

when i build new buildings and set the 1st worker,i turn the allowed worker numbers down. otherwise they will do that. then you have to hunt them down. when a mine is being upgraded to make it dig deeper, i leave the miners alone. they will work as laborers until the mine is ready.then they will go mine automatically. the now-upgraded mine will have a higher allowed worker number though. in which case it can steal other miners from a different MNine. the limits can be used to control  workplaces better than turning off workers since it is easy to forget to turn them back on. when a tailor or blacksmith,etc hits the limit,he goes work as a laborer automatically.he will go back to keep making tools,etc when they are needed.this saves running out and then realizing why.

Aha, thanks for your explanation about this worker mechanism.. 

Will try another luck on new village [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

don't feel bad. we are still learing too. i am still trying to better figure out my storage since the new item upgrade.i have old 1.06 mods that i like using but they won't store the new items.plus the misc is fertilizer and fodder. new markets move this and store it with food.

as you play more,your style and game play changes.  i am in the  process of trying to decipher things to get a stable population.not sure if the information will be practical to use in a normal game play.