Workers refuse to use miscellaneous goods

I first noticed this when I built the medieval tailor.  I set the production for survival coats which use 6 reeds and 3 feathers.  At the time, I had about 40 reeds and just over 100 feathers.  So, ample supply for at least one coat.  The reeds were stored in the small miscellaneous barn.  The worker would go to the misc barn to gather the needed reeds first and it would just become a loop.  If I open the worker's inventory, I see her acquire 30 reeds.  She turns around, walks over to the tailor, bends to deliver, and then nothing.  She doesn't drop off the reeds.  They never leave her inventory.  Instead, she goes back to the misc barn, and drops the reeds back there.  They do leave her inventory.  Then, she picks them up, and repeats the loop over and over again.

Initially, I thought it was just a glitch with the reeds or that specific tailor building.  I can make hide coats from leather just fine, so I ignored it.  But a little while ago, I built the tropical greenhouse and saw a worker do the same thing with bonemeal.  I'm not seeing this with any other type of good (I don't have them all yet), so I can tentatively say it's just happening with things tagged miscellaneous.

Please make sure you are using the most recent version of Banished - v 1.0.7 (The version # is at the bottom of the opening menu).  If you are using the Colonial Charter Mod, make sure you are using the most recent one - <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> 1.75.  If you are using MegaMod, you should also be using the Compatibility Mod, placed above it.

If that isn't the problem, please let me know.

Right.  So, silly me.  The lack of the compatibility mod was exactly the problem.  They're delivering and using the goods now.

When I discovered <abbr title="MegaMod">MM</abbr> 0.07, I read about the need for a compatibility mod with beta 1.0.7.  Everything seemed to indicate it was just needed for the beta.  Thinking it was no longer needed, I didn't download it.  I know better now!

there is 2 of the compatability mods. the older compatability buildings mod and the new compatability 1.07. also remember they have to be in the right mod order. the old goes below <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,the new goes above it. both do different things to help older mods work.

Quote:
On 12/3/2017 at 0:56 PM, stiles said:

there is 2 of the compatability mods

Well, Yes and No.

You only need that very old Compatible Buildings mod in a very specific set of circumstances.

are you saying i am special or crazy?? LOL. without the old 1,my cows are confused and lots of buildings don't even show in the toolbar.

while we are on the subject though. does the new compatability 1.07 fix issues between the 1.06 mods and the new flags and 1.07 mods even without <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>?? i have recommended it but never have heard back how well it helps players who don't use <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.

The 1.0.7 compatibility mod will help any mod that is part of MegaMod.  <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> itself shouldn't need it.

i use it to help with the <abbr title="New Medieval Town">NMT</abbr> mod. works awesome