Crop only one worker?

Hi, I've only recently begun playing the game with the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> add on.  My biggest problem seems to be crops and workers.  I can build a 30x30 crop field and only 1 worker will be available for it.  If I add any more, they have the 'no job' question mark above them.  I understand it should require 14 workers?  Well, no matter what size, it only requires one and that lonely person can't work the field.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

The default max number of workers might be 1 whatever the size of the field in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> (it's 2 in un-modded Banished if I remember right), but it can be increased on the field's info window. That's the "x of 1" counter circled in red on the screenshot, whereas the 2nd "0" thing stands for the total number of farmers employed in your town. You can increase the first one to whatever you need for each field. If you don't have that option on the field, there's something wrong

As a side note, even a maximum size field will not require 14 workers, although you -could- assign that many once you've increased that worker limit on the field. On a regular climate a single farmer that doesn't need to walk too much can take care of a field worth 120 squares. Some people like the 11x11 size, I prefer 8x15 for the way it looks.

I tend to dislike fields that are "too big" because it means that if you get a crop infestation you are going to lose a large amount of food, whereas several fields that aren't too close together will only let you lose part of that crop's harvest. Considering my usual luck with disasters and diseases or infestations, I'm definitely sticking to the small fields. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" data-fileid="2846" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_01/field.jpg.bcb048e97fcef9894ce2689872640cde.jpg">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_01/field.jpg.bcb048e97fcef9894ce2689872640cde.jpg[/img]</a>

Oh, thank you.  In the original game, if I remember correctly, it used to add the expected number of workers to that "0 of 1" field.  So it would read "2 of 4" and then "2 of 5" when you add more fields or buildings.  I shall give this a go in my next game and get back to you.  Thanks again.

It worked, thank you.  Although I have been having a lot more success with the 8x15 model for crops and orchards, with one worker per field.

Glad that's working! The 8 x 15 fields are my favorites too. They just work so well with the size of the buildings around. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />