Anyone use a Kensington Slingblade Trackball?

Bear with me, long read.

Starting 2 days ago, my trackball's scroll wheel starting acting 'funky' with Banished-only banished.  It's like the scroll wheel is on turbo mode because whenever I use it, it keeps scrolling, even when I stop scrolling with it.  This makes it impossible to play as every menu, like a trading post buy/sell menu, or even just moving around the board a constant struggle as scrolling is impossible to control or regulate.

I have played banished close to 1800 hours.  I understand all the menus, etc.  I also understand my trackball settings.  Nothing changed.  But when I tried to play after months of doing so without any problems, this weird glitch started happening.  A glitch that doesn't affect any other game or program.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled the game, the mouse drivers, etc.  There is no way to disable the scroll wheel without changing mice, which is my next step.  But, after 1800 hours of playing and using either my slingblade or the previous Kensington trackball, my muscle memory is used to a scroll wheel and all the functions it can perform in the game.

Anyone else have this problem or more importantly, have suggestions for maybe something I haven't tried?

Thanks ahead of time

Have you tried the "Use Software Mouse" option?

If you use the Steam version of Banished, have you tried to disable the Steam Overlay, in case that's what's messing things up in-game after a recent Steam update? (I don't see why it'd do that, but better safe than sorry)

I have.  It makes no difference.  I have also tried not using the steam overlay.  Again, no difference.

I'm afraid I have no clue how/why/what's going on or how to fix it then. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" title=":(" width="20" />