On what field should I grow herbs?

On what field should I grow herbs in order for them to be recognized as medicine and so that I can sell them at the trade post? I used to know this but haven't played in over halve a year and can't find it anywhere.[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/huh.png[/img]/emoticons/huh@2x.png 2x" title="o.O" width="20" />

best would be the plantation field. but u can grow them in a crop field,the herb grower from the dock set or KID's spice and bakery mod.

Herbs, which are always considered Medicine, can be grown in a Crop Field or a Plantation Field.  Plantation Fields look at the Textile limit to determine whether they can grow more as opposed to Crop Fields that look at the Food limit. Either will grow the same amount of Herbs. Keep in mind that because Herbs are worth 4, the field will produce less than it would if growing a food crop.  I just tried this out the other day, using 8 x 18 Crop Fields both of which were next to a barn and housing. I harvested  1008 Beetroots (worth 1008) and 432 Herbs (worth 1728).