MegaMod fatal crash

So, I do apologize if this has already been brought up in another thread, but I have been having some issues with regards to the megamods. OR so it seems.

Everytime I enable one of the megamods (have tested with 6, 7 and beta 2 of 8), I get into a game, play for awhile, save it and exit to the main menu and the game crashes with a fatal error and creates a dump file. It also erases my save file and when I open the client back up all of the mods I had previously enabled are disabled. I have tried turning off all mods and only enabling mods other than the megamods and it does not happen. I am very new to the game so I could be doing something wrong but has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for the help!

when you enable them you need to not start a city yet. close the game.

and then after to have restart the game again, there you can play. the game only write the info in your windows registry when you close completly the game. if you change mods, play and then press "quit" you will get to main menu and the game will crash because it does NOT* match what is written in your registry.

The other common reasons for crashes is that you have Windows 10 and your Save folder is Read Only - if so, you need to change it to Read/Write. And the other common reason is that your Anti-Virus/Firewall believes Banished is a threat and won't let it create a Save - it that's the case, you need to add Banished to the authorized list (not sure what that's called). Let us know if any of these fix the problem [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Not sure which it was but one of your suggestions seems to have worked. Thanks for the help guys!