RedKetchup's Forest Center: What do the workers do? Are they needed?

I have just recently discovered the Forest Center under RedKetchups list of mods. It seemed pretty cool so I decided to try it out.

I'm a bit confused about the "workers" that you can employ there. I have already built the herbalist building. It stills employ a herbalist and not a "worker". I tried searching around for information, but I can't seem to find any information on the center itself, much less about the workers.

Are they important? What do they do exactly? From what I can tell the herbalist functions just fine without any "workers" employed. If there is a link to any more information about the center, please feel free to share. : )

from what i see @ WOB, you have a woodcutter in the set.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?act...w;down=358

Beautiful! Just what I was looking for! Thanks!

I've assumed that the workers for the forest center act as a labourer specific to the center's districts, so will collect the logs and herbs from the disctricts to a barn. I haven't tested it though.

From my experience they seem to be caretakers, they'll wander around and occasionally turn up some resources. I'm guessing they'll move stuff too since they grab what they turn up every now and then, although it might just be them being unable to find anything else to do.

the workers from the center have a creating resource job. they will create random items you will find in all the possible districts.

they are invisibly create items from thin air and pick up the result in a list i made which reflect the lists of all the districts have.

Product _products

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialWood.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialOnion.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialMushroom.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialRoot.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialHerb.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialFirewood.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialLeather.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialVenison.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialOnion.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialBlueberry.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialMushroom.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialRoot.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialHerb.rsc";

ComponentDescription _produceMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialFirewood.rsc";

when it is time to create something, and made enough working units to create something

the game will choose one of these item randomly

and then they will work toward another drop......

so they are roaming around the center and appear to gather one of these resources [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

So they ARE groundskeepers then? ;P I can only imagine that's where they're finding all that junk, hehe. Why does the centre have that job, by the by?

bah thats what i imagined for this certer concept. in my mind, that big piece you lay down on the ground needed a purpose. and we cannot alter game mechanics. i did with what i could do.

You don't need to staff this position in the early game. However, there comes a point when you have extra laborers that can be assigned there - or need that extra bit of production.  Always good to have.