New foods

Hi. I've just put down the new foods gatherer and anot oats Hut but I don't seem to be gathering anything. Is there something I'm missing?

Quote:
33 minutes ago, Lizbot said:

Hi. I've just put down the new foods gatherer and anot oats Hut but I don't seem to be gathering anything. Is there something I'm missing?

Could you tell me exactly the name(s) of the building(s) and the name(s) of the modder(s) for each?

I've got the mega mod installed and Hut is New Food Gatherers for rosehip and oats. Don't know who it's by.

So the building is just called "Hut"?  Which tab did you find it under?

It's in the food tab with hunters, gatherers etc. It's just labelled at New Food Gatherer. It appears as a yellow symbol. 

Quote:
3 hours ago, Lizbot said:

It's in the food tab with hunters, gatherers etc. It's just labelled at New Food Gatherer. It appears as a yellow symbol. 

I found what I think is the correct building under the Community tab > Other Modders > Food tab and built a New Food Gatherer (NFG). I noticed that the vanilla gatherer also was collecting rose hips and wasn't sure the area wasn't being depleted of those items so I placed the NFG somewhere else - in a pristine forest area where I'm sure there was plenty of wild oats and rose hips to gather. I also built a house next to it with a small barn to reduced the amount of travel time. S/he immediately began gathering rose hips and wild oats just as s/he's supposed to. 

Since I can't duplicate the problem at all, I'm not sure what is wrong. Could be that you placed the NFG in an area where the rose hips and wild oats have already been picked up. Also, there are various starting conditions - I'm not sure all of them have been populated with those plants (I'll need to ask) - but you should be able to see them if you look closely. Also, when you assign a gatherer to the NFG, they could start work at another location that has gatherer's instead - so you may have to adjust max staffing at other locations. 

Hope this helps.

Problem solved, I started a new game with different starting conditions and boom... bit of a bugger because I liked where I was playing but never mind. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />