means of transportation

Hi all,

I like playing on large maps and currently my bannies are dispersed over the map, like I have the main town and smaller settlements all around for specific tasks (like a miner's village, a farmer's settlement etc). Transporting all the goods from those tiny villages to my main town takes a lot of time and since I'm quite new with the MegaMod, I haven't discovered all the possibilities yet. 

But I wanted to ask you guys if there is anything to provide a faster and more convenient transportation method? For example, one of my villages is near the main river, like the other, so it would be nice to like ship goods between those settlements over the river. I heard of the ChooChoo mod included in the MegaMod but I haven't tried it yet. And also river transportation would suit the style better imho (my bannies are not so advanced yet [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />).

Unfortunately, modders cannot create a new mode of transportation such as rail travel or river boats.  The fastest mode of transportation are brick or stone roads - they don't get any faster.  Vendors can move more product at one time than regular folk since they can use wheelbarrows.  They can move goods into Trading Posts and Markets. They can also move goods into specialized barns where goods are protected from use by your citizens until you release them such as the <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Resource Depot, <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> Distribution Barn and Red Ketchup's,The Warehouse Inc (uses a profession called "Stocker"). You can increase the amount of goods Vendors can move at one time by using RK's Bigger Wheelbarrow mod which increases capacity from 500 to 700 based on weight (download from WorldofBanished.com).  

I see, thanks. Too bad though, that's the only thing I'm kinda missing in the game. 

Could I effectively use the barns you mentioned as sort of intermediaries for goods between my villages, so the village that produces it can store it there and the town that's using it can grab the stuff without having to go all the way to the other village? Or would there be something else specialized in this task?

if by the "other village" you mean you have 2 areas where there are some kind of settlements, like if you did 2 zones , like 2 villages..... but it is still the same map, the same game...

they have no choice, someone need to go to the other village and bring back the stuff. a citizen cannot be at 2 places in same time, nor we cannot teleport things nor make disappear from a place to another. thats a constraint of the game and there is no tricks to go around

Of course, that I know. Don't want anyone to do the impossible, just wanted to find ways to make transportation easier/faster for said scenario.

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/25300-wolf64/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="25300" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/25300-wolf64/">@Wolf64</a> Banished is built on the concept that there's a single town. It might be spread out, but the game doesn't see them as being separate and nothing was built in to support that. It's really too bad, because a lot of us do what you're doing - create smaller towns - especially on larger maps.  Vendors more or less even out products between markets. If your market is a long way from the production areas, you should add more vendors to help keep your market stocked.  If you want specific products, you can build a specialized small market structure (cart, stall, wagon, etc.) whose vendor will only go fetch those items.  If you build a Resource Depot in each village, you can specify which items you want the vendor to fetch.  Once those items are in the barn, you can micromanage and release amounts which will usually then go into a regular barn or market nearby (but frustratingly not always).

I do get the concept of "all's just one single town", don't get me wrong. Didn't know how to explain it other than "I got several villages", since that's how it looks like (and is meant to be, no matter the game logic behind).

Glad to hear though, I'm not alone in this. Guess I'll try and see how I can manage with vendors and depots when my population grows a bit bigger. Thanks for the input! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />