What are .src files?

Hello,

I'm having trouble with my new installation of Banished for a fresh start with MM8 and a shitload of other mods...

Some of those mods are coming with .src files. Should I drop them to WinData or should I leave them alone? I tried with and without the src files and it did not make any difference. What are those files?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

should not have any .src coming from mods... it is a .pkm and only that you need.

if some src are giving, then it comes from some noob modders who dont know what they are doing and gave it to people [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Noob modders? I don't think so... At the very contrary they are all well known and talented modders.

I did some more research and found out src files must have been left for translation purpose. Please let me know if I got it wrong.

The stuff you need for translations are the stringtables. If you have .src files, someone forgot a step in the modkit methinks.

I think you mean .rsc files. There are lots of different types of files when modding and all are .rsc files (and when compiled become .crs files).  The String Tables may come in an .rsc file and are used, among other things, to do translations. Most modders do not include those with their mods since most of us have no need for them.

yeah .rsc and .crs are completly different. the *stringtable.rsc files provided is for "foreigner people" who wants to include this mod to their mega other language translation mod.

(sorry if any typos... i am myself a "foreigner person" ^^)

Thank you guys for your insight, it's makes a lot more sense now.

Big names can sometimes have little flaws I guess. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />