Steel tools, Coal and Industrial coal

I'm confused while playing <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> on the way to make steel tools.

I have enough iron ore, I've built a small Fuel Refinery to smelt it into iron ingots in my Iron Smelter. I also have a Mine and a Coal Furnace to get me some coal, still my blacksmith is missing something to make Steel Tools.

What did I do wrong? And what is the difference (if any) between coal and Industrial coal?

Edit : I don't have a City Hall to check on my resources, this is a very early game of Adam and Eve. I already have the mod "Stop Burning Coal" installed to make sure coal is not used to heat houses, so this can't be the issue.

First of all, you should get rid of the "stop burning coal" mod. <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> added Charcoal (made by burning firewood/firebundles at the Stacks Burner) and Coke fuel (from Coal) as a kind of "firewood" to be used in houses and changed the flag of Coal, so the Coal that you mine will not be taken by regular villagers, only by people who need it for crafting. Adding that mod is possibly messing up with the Coal flag from <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> which could mean the blacksmith can't recognize it as what it needs.

Furnace Fuel is something that is purely used by industrial buildings. It's made at Fuel Refineries, from any regular "fuel" used to warm houses.

To make the steel tools you'll need the basic Coal straight out of the mine, Logs and Iron.

Thank you very much for your swift reply. You nailed it, I removed Stop Burning Coal and everything went as expected. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/58462f70003fe_EmojisApplebyKawaiiDarkToxic553.png[/img]