Non removable resource bug

I recall to have read something on the subject but I can't quite remember how to avoid this nuisance...

I built some roads over removable resources (stones spawned by the Stone Gatherer - Stone Shack) and now I can't remove the stones. Do I have to destruct the road first? And what is the procedure to avoid this bug to occur again in the future?

i think it is because the road hasnt been built yet, the builder that build this road should do it himself. if you cant wait he processed the road, you need to cancel the road. always been since day 1 of vanilla.

The road has been built but the stone was not removed. It is still here and can not be removed. I do remember it's a bug in the vanilla version but I can not recall how to reproduce it, nor to avoid it. I would like to now how I can prevent this to ever happen again.

i never saw that bug before....

to prevent it ? use remove resource tools to harvest everything on the way before you put that special road on the ground ?

maybe the template has something missing to "gather " the resource as it is processed ? to K to see if template is ok [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/tongue@2x.png 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Ok, I will remove all ressources before to lay down a road in MM8.

Typically when you lay down a road over stone, iron and trees, the Builders will clear those items as they build the road. MM8 includes roads by several modders - who's road and what type of road did you build? Was it finished?

ESTHERHB,i have never seen that work in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>.i always have to clear then lay roads and watch to make sure the road is finished before anything grows back.i do have grassy roads but it shows no conflict.it didn't matter what roads i put down at all. when i dont use <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr> but use the same mods,the roads work as you stated.

VXL, you can just remove the road space the stone sits on.normally if i run roads through the stone forest area or any forests,i widen the road 3 or 4 tiles wide.in the tree forests it makes it easier to find buildings and see.

since VX is running into issues,i will mention 2 more points. there are discussions that the roads are prioritized and builders will leave building construction to work roads. i have not seen this issue at all.in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,the builders will constuct buildings and after do the roads. some roads may have to be removed to change the road texture depending on the road mods you have.this is due to the coding of the roads and however the modder labeled the roads in the mod program.just be aware of it.if you cant "upgrade" a road, that may be why.

Not certain but I think I remember the stone gather creates a different stone resource, (grown like a crop) that only he can collect, if I'm right that might be the problem. Not certain which tool to use if that is the case.

Quote:
1 hour ago, stiles said:

since VX is running into issues,i will mention 2 more points. there are discussions that the roads are prioritized and builders will leave building construction to work roads. i have not seen this issue at all.in <abbr title="Colonial Charter">CC</abbr>,the builders will constuct buildings and after do the roads. some roads may have to be removed to change the road texture depending on the road mods you have.this is due to the coding of the roads and however the modder labeled the roads in the mod program.just be aware of it.if you cant "upgrade" a road, that may be why.

I also think this is correct.

Quote:
52 minutes ago, Denis de la Rive said:

the stone gather creates a different stone resource

I don't know if there's a bug or not (and if there is, then it's in the game itself) but what Denis said is accurate.  The Stone Shack stones are different than the regular stone.  So the Remove Stone tool may not see it, depending on your mod setup.  But the remove all tool should.

Thank you very much for the suggestions. I will try all that when I have a chance and will keep you informed of the results. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />